Pitchfactor H910 emulation

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor H910 emulation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      deep88
      Participant

why is running with a low pass filter and no chance to set or turn it off?

Imerkat
      Participant

not sure what you mean, do you think the effect is too dark? I haven't notice a filtering effect on the Wet or Dry signal 

deep88
      Participant

well not in the dry segnal, but in the wet one…. does your unit have the same tone in both wet and dry?

dry on mine is completely clear so, total dry, but wet sounds so lofi

can u check ur?

Imerkat
      Participant

I'm still confuse. I have heard some people complain their dry tone sounds suffers when the effected wet signal mix in. Or do you mean the wet signal itself sounds lofi?

deep88
      Participant

so make this experiment

send a loop so u can recognize the differences

set it to completely dry…. perfect sound

now set it to 0 delay, 0 feedback, 1.00 pitch and totally wet…. can u hear the lofi sound?

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      set it to completely dry…. perfect sound

now set it to 0 delay, 0 feedback, 1.00 pitch and totally wet…. can u hear the lofi sound?

Yes.  That's the H910 'character' you're hearing.  It was an amazing piece of hardware for its time (mid-70's).  Analog delay chips were noise buckets back then, and one solution was to lower the bandwidth.  Longer delay times meant that the "low pass filtering" cutoff frequency was reduced.  Usually, you'd get a range of delay times; each with its own bandwidth. I believe that the H910 was a 16-bit/ 15kHz machine overall.

Part of the lo-fi charm of the H910 and H949 algorithms is the varying degree of glitching, deglitching, and warblyness found in each variation,  In your experiment –  if you move the Depth / Key knob to MODERN at 1.000 –  you'll hear clean, subtle unison doubling.  That sounds like what you're looking for.

But don't overlook the unique, useful sounds in the H900 series.  You can really start to hear the differences between the 3 hardware emulations and digitally-clean when there is some pitch shifting involved.  You can set up up a simple preset, and sweep the Depth / Key knob to compare one with the next:

TidesOfHistory

Mix = WET:50

Pitch Mix = A10+B10

Pitch A = A: 1.498

Pitch B = B: 2.000

Delay A = 0 ms.

Delay B = 0 ms.

(encoder) = 910/949/ TMP OFF

Depth / Key = H910 / H949-1 / H949-2 / MODERN

Speed / Scale = CHROMTC

Xnob = FBK-A:  0

Ynob = FBK-B:  0

deep88
      Participant

brock:

Quote:

Yes.  That's the H910 'character' you're hearing.  It was an amazing piece of hardware for its time (mid-70's).  Analog delay chips were noise buckets back then, and one solution was to lower the bandwidth.  Longer delay times meant that the "low pass filtering" cutoff frequency was reduced.  Usually, you'd get a range of delay times; each with its own bandwidth. I believe that the H910 was a 16-bit/ 15kHz machine overall.

thanks to get into the post mate 🙂

well this is what i was thinking too… before try a real h910… it doesn't sound so lo fi, that why i'm here asking this

Quote:

Part of the lo-fi charm of the H910 and H949 algorithms is the varying degree of glitching, deglitching, and warblyness found in each variation,  In your experiment –  if you move the Depth / Key knob to MODERN at 1.000 –  you'll hear clean, subtle unison doubling.  That sounds like what you're looking for.

no i try and the MODERN setting is just for deglitching… no impact on the tone… u can make my test (as before 0 delay, 0 feedback, 1.00 pitch, 100wet) and try to switch the different algorithm… nothing change (u can notice the different settings just as u say below on long delay feedback, where u can hear glitch from 910 to 949 (without and with the deglitching board) to Modern no glitch

deep88
      Participant

wondering if we have some news on controlling the filter cutoff (maybe with midi)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.