Pitchfactor Harpeggiator’s output significantly louder than direct signal?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor Harpeggiator’s output significantly louder than direct signal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      tomasgunn
      Participant

Hi,

I've got all three factor pedals and I've got them all in my amp's loop (particle smasher by http://www.pweamplification.com/ – awesome amps btw). The PF comes right before the TF and for some presets that involve the Harpeggiator, the TF's input will start peaking like there's no tomorrow.

I realize that I can just lower the send in my loop to avoid the peaks (and that's what I do) but the problem is really that some of my presets with the harpeggiator (the wetter ones) tend to be significantly louder than my regular direct signal.  I've gotten used to jumping right on the volume pedal after switching to those presets but it would be good to be able to control the level somehow.

Is there perhaps some other workaround?

Thanks,
      Tommi 

mrfunk81

Yes, same problem, also with particular settings of OCTAVER.

Marco 

davydgarcya

the same here. Seems like the pitchfactor is needing an update but there´s no news about it at all

blowback

Yup,the harpeggiater is practically useless do to its louder output level than the other presets,ditto on some of the octaver presets as well

caveman
      Participant

I gave up on the harpeggiator as well..  maybe there can be a harpeggiator level somewhere in the system menu. I'd even give up the 2nd voice to have a volume control right on the knobs.

tomasgunn
      Participant

The harpeggiator is one of the reasons why I got the PF in the first place and it's an important part of several songs we're recording on our forthcoming album, so I'd really like this to be fixed 🙂

Time to contact support I guess.

Reckedtrek

I don't have the PF, but was wondering if some type of limiter placed after the PF would help, at least until eventide addresses the issue? The limiter won't effect your sound up to the threshold point, but everything louder than the threshold point gets clamped down regarding volume. Depending on just how much the increased volume is would determine if the limiting action is noticable and if so, by how much.  Just a thought.

spaceJam

I know this is a very old thread, but the issue is still there.

Any chance this can be fixed?

Has the the Harpeggiator algorithm in the H9 the same issue?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

spaceJam:

Has the the Harpeggiator algorithm in the H9 the same issue?

I've never heard of the Harpeggiator in the H9 having this problem, but even if it did, every preset has a preset output.  If you find a particular Harpeggiator preset to be too loud, you can always adjust its preset output gain.

caveman
      Participant

This was solved a long time ago for me when preset volume levels were added. 

spaceJam

I can't find that option on my Pitchfactor.

Is that something available for the H9 only?

caveman
      Participant
      spaceJam

Thank you!

I read the manual at least a few times and I couldn't find anything like that. Of course the manual is not up do date…

digitalzombie
      Participant

Sorry to revive an old thread but I’m wondering if this has ever been properly addressed by Eventide. My Pitchfactor’s firmware is up to date, input/output set to guitar, simple mono setup, and the Harpeggiator certainly gives a significant volume boost. Even with all settings at zero, with the pitch mix in any setting. I undertand I can set the output level per preset to compensate, but while this is a workaraound this isn’t really a fix. Do I just have a broken unit?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.