Pitchfactor issues.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor issues.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      roqmuzik
      Participant

Here are the specific issues I've ran into with this pedal. The Aux switch will not work correctly with the learn switch. There is nothing else assigned to the switch. Does not change keys when pressed.  I contacted the company who built the aux switch about "latching and momentary". I really don't know what that means, but apparently this can be an issue with the Pitchfactor. I was told that there was no latching and it was all momentary. 

The harmonies are inaccurate. It says emaj and when i get to the about the fourth or fifth scale degree it will play the wrong harmony. It is inaccurate with the scale descending also but not even the same inaccuracies as ascending. In other words, If I play a B (a 5th above) it will play one harmony witch will be wrong. Then if I play a B octave lower it will play a new harmony also wrong. If I play a note and hold it after a short time the harmony warbles in and out. Making the intelligent pitchshifting useless. 

I have had issues with the expression pedal also so I bought a 25k Ernie Ball Vol pedal witch was recommended here somewhere. I now saw posts saying this pedal was not the most compatible, just wondering if this pedal will work smoothly?

I've updated the pitchfactor to the most current update. 

spacehippo

I am 100% with you and would like to know how to get my PitchFactor running smoothly.  My biggest problem is that the HarPeggiator simply does not work at all; it alternates between a buzzing octave that sounds like a record skipping and other weird, unusable, completely anti-arppegiating noises.  I bought the pedal specifically for this function!  I am willing to send it somewhere and pay to get it going but I don't know where that somewhere is … better yet of course would be some sort of firmware fix.  Please!  Help!  My talents are being denied by Eventide!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi spacehippo,

I'm not sure, but it sounds as if you have the speed knob turned all the way up, or the effects ssections on.  Please try turning the xnob and ynob to all the way left, Delay A and Delay B all the way left, Pitch mix all the way left, and Mix all the way right.  Then adjust the Pitch A and Speed knob to get the sounds you want.  Please let me know if that does not work.

Thanks,

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Roqmuzik, it sounds as though you may not be getting enough level into your pedal.  Can you try boosting the level and making sure you have no other effects going into your pedal to see if your tracking problems remain.  Finally, another problem may be if the guitar and pedal have different pitch references.  You can check this by making sure you are in tune with the tuner in the pedal, if you're not, this could be the source of the problems.  If, after tuning to the pedal, you want to change the pitch reference of the pedal, you can do so in the system menu under, System->Tuner->Calibrate.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you,
      Dan

spacehippo

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for replying and trying to help.  Unfortunately, what you suggested did not work.  The first time I did it I was able to get two different sounds than before, slightly arpeggio-sounding, but by the next time I powered it up those sounds were gone too and simply joined all the other buzzy noises I mentioned in my first post.  The HarPeggiator seems to simply not work; everything else does.  And it did work when I got it, but not for long.

If there is nothing else I can do like what you suggested, can I send it somewhere to get repaired?  Or is there a way to reset everything completely, not just presets?  I don't know.  Again, I bought the pedal specifically for this feature, and though everything else is amazing, I would trade most if not all of it for a working HarPeggiator.

Thank you!

Marcus

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi spacehippo,

Try initializing your PitchFactor (press and hold the encoder knob and the middle footswitch as you are powering it up). If that doesn't work, try redownloading the latest software revision using Eventide Update Utility. 

spacehippo

The initializing worked!  Thank you so much.  Those sweet arpeggiated sounds are so, so sweet …

dgervasi
      Participant

I have had the same issue as space hippo, but only on the B side of the Harpeggiator – it is muddy and distorted, while side A is loud and clear. Initializing and updating system software (several versions, several times) did not correct the problem.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.