Pitchfactor jumping to different algorithms when changing presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor jumping to different algorithms when changing presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      guitarplyr
      Participant

Hi All,

I did a search and couldnt find anything on this problem so hopefully somone can help. I’ve had this pedal for quite sometime and just recently this has been a problem.

When changing presets any new ones I have recently saved jump to a different algorithm for a split second and then go to the algorithm that I saved. Example:

my preset patches on my midi controller 7-9 are all set for micropitch, but have different values set within the preset. When I switch those patches no glitch. I just made a new preset 10 patch which is also using micropitch and saved it. Now when I change that particular patch it jumps to the sythonizer setting for a split second and then goes back. This has been happening to newer patches I have created while the older ones are fine. Perhaps in my travels when programming I hit something I shouldnt have? I checked the settings and everything “looks” ok but hopefully I am just overlooking something. Thanks for help as this is pretty frustrating.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi – never heard of anything like you describe. I'm doubtful, because algorithms do not load instantly (unfortunately) so it seems unlikely that it would switch between algorithms as you describe. But, that aside, I would suggest that:

1) You try different bypass modes, in case what you are hearing is a bypass artefact.

2) If the above is not helpful, try "Restoring Factory System Settings" as described in the UM.

guitarplyr
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Hi – never heard of anything like you describe. I’m doubtful, because algorithms do not load instantly (unfortunately) so it seems unlikely that it would switch between algorithms as you describe. But, that aside, I would suggest that:

1) You try different bypass modes, in case what you are hearing is a bypass artefact.

2) If the above is not helpful, try “Restoring Factory System Settings” as described in the UM.

Well doubtful or not, you can physically see it jump to a different algorithm and then back to where it actually should be. When you use variations of the same algorithm for different custom presets there has never been any lag and this is no exception. I am not changing to a different algorithm to cause dropout which I am familiar with, but when writing any new patches it acts as described. Not a bypass artifact as it s fine with 99% of my cusom presets. Only these new patches I have written lately. Will try restoring as a last resort. I have a lot of presets to back up. After troubleshooting some more, it seems it might be a midi error somwhere with crosstalk. Just switching the pedal on its own and there is no glitch. Just odd as I have never had anything like this issue after many years of service with this pedal.  Thanks for the recommendations though.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Using "Restoring Factory System Settings" will not delete your presets.

If you are using MIDI to change these presets, can you try the same thing with the switches and see if you get the same result ?

guitarplyr
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Using “Restoring Factory System Settings” will not delete your presets.

If you are using MIDI to change these presets, can you try the same thing with the switches and see if you get the same result ?

Hi Nick,

Thats the thing. As I said earlier if I just switch the pedal on its own {with the switches} it doesnt glitch, so since its only on some presets and not others it almost sounds like there is some midi crosstalk somewhere. I havent changed or edited anything to do with the midi settings in forever as everything plays nice together.  It just wouldnt make sense that just some presets on the pedal just glitch. If I cant find anyhting within the midi settings of my controller and the other units I will try a reset. Good to know a restore does not erase presets. Thanks for that info!

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        guitarplyr wrote:

Good to know a restore does not erase presets.

Read the manual first – there are two types of reset. One will, one won't.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.