Pitchfactor midi help

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor midi help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dave2358

Hi, I just got an eventide pitchfactor to go on my board with my boss es8. And while I can get the basic midi functions I want to work (finally….it took me ages) like my tc flashback x4 and the rjm mini amp gizmo (for my message mkv) but the eventide seems so much more complicated and I have literally no idea where to start with getting the es8 to control the pitchfactor and change its patches when I want to. I’ve looked through the manual and I’m sure it’s helpful to someone who understands it… But I don’t. Can anyone help with a walk through or point me in the direction of one? Cheers. I’m sorry if this has been brought up before.

gkellum
      Participant

If you have the latest firmware installed on your PitchFactor, you can use it together with H9 Control, which should make a lot of the configuration self explanatory.  If you connect it to H9 Control, click on the Pedal button in the apps bottom menubar, and go to MIDI Settings, you'll see that most of PitchFactor's MIDI functionality can be configured there.

dave2358
        gkellum wrote:

If you have the latest firmware installed on your PitchFactor, you can use it together with H9 Control, which should make a lot of the configuration self explanatory.  If you connect it to H9 Control, click on the Pedal button in the apps bottom menubar, and go to MIDI Settings, you’ll see that most of PitchFactor’s MIDI functionality can be configured there.

i’ve not updated any firmware, wasn’t aware you could do to be honest. but, will try and do that first. i’m just confused on how to get the es8 to control it. i think i need it to be controlled on midi channel 3 from the es8, (flashback on 1, and rjm for mk v on channel 2). which particular section do i need to look at to do this? i’ll only be using the pitchfactor at its simplest level to begin with, i’m confused on how to get good sounds out of it still so far. so to begin with i’ll only want to use the diatonic settings.  

gkellum
        Participant
        dave2358 wrote:

i'm just confused on how to get the es8 to control it. i think i need it to be controlled on midi channel 3 from the es8, (flashback on 1, and rjm for mk v on channel 2). which particular section do i need to look at to do this? 

Well, in the app you would go to Pedal Settings / MIDI Settings / MIDI receive channel and set it to channel 3.  You can do the same thing on the PitchFactor itself;  just look up setting the MIDI receive channel in the user guide.

dave2358

i’ve set the thing to receive on channel 3 now. does it matter out of interest that even though it’s channel 3 it’s actually second in the chain of midi leads…so 

boss es8 – flashback – pitch – mini amp gizo

now i’ve got it set to channel 3, i still can’t get the es8 to get it to change. i go into the patch settings on the es8…choose midi 3, select ch 3 and let’s say pc1 (which i’ve saved a preset of in the presets list as a diatonic thing), told the programme change map to say programme change 1 to load preset 1, midi output mode is thru. i’ve not changed any other settings or cc stuff as i don’t know what they do. what am i doing wrong?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.