Pitchfactor MIDI pass through and amp change commands

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor MIDI pass through and amp change commands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul L

I have a TC Electronic G-System with MIDI running to the Pitchfactor then out to a Carvin Legacy 3.  I’m trying to set it up so that I can send MIDI CC commands to the Legacy to activate the boost and change amp channels.  With the Pitchfactor in between, although MIDI signals are going through to the Legacy, it is somehow garbling the commands so the amp does crazy things.  The Legacy uses CC# 81-83 to control channel selection, and #84 for the boost.  What do I need to do to the Pitchfactor settings to allow these CC commands to go through cleanly from the G-System to the Legacy?

Thanks,

Paul L

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Presumably you have the PF MIDI out set to THRU.

With the current version there are occasional issues where THRU can corrupt the MIDI, particularly during program loading. This may be what you are seeing, and will be fixed in the next release.

Paul L

Nick – I do have the MIDI set to THRU – to make sure I understand, are you saying that the current firmware is the issue and will be fixed in the next release? If so, do you have any sense of when the next release will come out? I’m new to MIDI, so another question – do I need to set the channel for MIDI receipt on the Legacy 3 to a different channel than the PitchFactor? I have the G-System set to transmit on Channel 1, the PitchFactor to transmit channel and receive channel 1, and the Legacy to receive on Channel 1.
      Thanks again,
      Paul L

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.