Pitchfactor not saving synthonizer preset correctly

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor not saving synthonizer preset correctly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      earthroid
      Hello

I bought Pitchfactor yesterday

I’m saving a synthonizer preset with Pitch A turned to the very left – saved ok

But when I load it via midi program change it sounds different. I have to turn Pitch A knob in the middle or so and then come back to the left and only then it sounds like it should

Is my unit broken?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, there are some different possibilities.  Is Pitch A mapped to the expression pedal?  Could it be that the expression pedal is changing the value of Pitch A?  Or do you have any MIDI controls that could be affecting its value?  You might want to open up the preset in H9 Control and look at how it's saved.  That will show you if it has any expression pedal mappings and also whether the preset was saved with the values you intended.

earthroid

i tried removing expression pedal control via factorlib not H9 control and then saved and it to PF – it didn’t help

I don’t have expression pedal btw

earthroid

i tried connecting PF to iPad via camera connection kit and in lemur made pads that send midi program change to PF

no other device is sending anything to PF and even to iPad

is it worth trying another PF? because i still have a few days to ask for a refund or replace the unit

earthroid
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My guess is that your Pitchfactor is OK.

It is possible that you have the MIDImap set incorrectly and you are not loading the program that you think you are.

Try renaming the saved preset, and see if:

1) When you load it with the switches it loads with the new name.

2) When you load it from MIDI it loads with the new name.

My prediction is that (1) will be yes and (2) will be no, which would confirm my MIDImap thought.

If (1) is no, either you are doing it wrong (read User Manual) or you really do have a hardware fault.

earthroid
        nickrose wrote:

My guess is that your Pitchfactor is OK.

It is possible that you have the MIDImap set incorrectly and you are not loading the program that you think you are.

Try renaming the saved preset, and see if:

1) When you load it with the switches it loads with the new name.

2) When you load it from MIDI it loads with the new name.

My prediction is that (1) will be yes and (2) will be no, which would confirm my MIDImap thought.

If (1) is no, either you are doing it wrong (read User Manual) or you really do have a hardware fault.

yes for both 1 and 2

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        gogae22 wrote:

yes for both 1 and 2

Shows how much I know.

If you load the program manually, do you have the same problem ?

earthroid
        nickrose wrote:
        gogae22 wrote:

yes for both 1 and 2

Shows how much I know.

If you load the program manually, do you have the same problem ?

Yes
        http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=zs33oMxkCJ4&u=/watch%3Fv%3DSrsvS2nhoc0%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner

gkellum
        Participant

Thanks for posting that video showing the problem.  We were actually able to reproduce the problem using the latest PitchFactor bam.  So, it looks like you found a bug in the latest PitchFactor release.  We were planning on putting out a new PitchFactor release soon anyway to add the new routing modes, expression pedal to volume mappings and other features in the most recent H9 release.  Hopefully, we'll put in a fix for this problem as well in the next release.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry.  I have no further ideas.

Since this is not a known problem, and while I suspect the problem is at your end, you have no reason to believe this, and should act accordingly.

earthroid

Do I get it right that Ican buy H9 core, then purchase PF presets and it will work the same way PF does?
      Can i ask pricing for the PF presets because i can’t look it up on the internet

jgoldbach
        Participant
        gogae22 wrote:
        Do I get it right that Ican buy H9 core, then purchase PF presets and it will work the same way PF does? Can i ask pricing for the PF presets because i can't look it up on the internet

Correct. You can buy algorithms that come with PitchFactor for the H9 and they work the same way on the H9 that they do on the PitchFactor pedal. Algorithms are about $20 US each. 

earthroid

I changed my PF to H9 core and the problem is still there, but i can’t test other PF algos anymore as I need tobuy them
      Feel free to show your graditude by giving me a free algo )

gkellum
        Participant
        gogae22 wrote:
        Feel free to show your graditude by giving me a free algo

Fair enough.  If everyone would upload a video like you did that makes it easy for us to reproduce a problem, it would make our lives a lot easier.  I just added an extra coupon to your H9.  If you go into the store, you should see it.

By the way my colleague Russ found where that problem was coming from.  We just posted new releases for the Factor and Space pedals today, and the fix didn't make it into that release.  But we've slated it for the next release (which will be soon).

earthroid

Thank you!

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

This issue is also present on the h9. I run into this today.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.