Pitchfactor not saving synthonizer preset correctly

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor not saving synthonizer preset correctly

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #112751
      earthroid
      Member
      Hello

      I bought Pitchfactor yesterday

      I’m saving a synthonizer preset with Pitch A turned to the very left – saved ok

      But when I load it via midi program change it sounds different. I have to turn Pitch A knob in the middle or so and then come back to the left and only then it sounds like it should

       

      Is my unit broken?

      Show More...
      Show Less...
    • #140037
      gkellum
      Member

      Well, there are some different possibilities.  Is Pitch A mapped to the expression pedal?  Could it be that the expression pedal is changing the value of Pitch A?  Or do you have any MIDI controls that could be affecting its value?  You might want to open up the preset in H9 Control and look at how it's saved.  That will show you if it has any expression pedal mappings and also whether the preset was saved with the values you intended.

    • #140040
      earthroid
      Member

      i tried removing expression pedal control via factorlib not H9 control and then saved and it to PF – it didn’t help

      I don’t have expression pedal btw

    • #140041
      earthroid
      Member

      i tried connecting PF to iPad via camera connection kit and in lemur made pads that send midi program change to PF

      no other device is sending anything to PF and even to iPad

      is it worth trying another PF? because i still have a few days to ask for a refund or replace the unit

    • #140042
      earthroid
      Member
    • #140043
      nickrose
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff

      My guess is that your Pitchfactor is OK.

      It is possible that you have the MIDImap set incorrectly and you are not loading the program that you think you are.

      Try renaming the saved preset, and see if:

      1) When you load it with the switches it loads with the new name.

      2) When you load it from MIDI it loads with the new name.

      My prediction is that (1) will be yes and (2) will be no, which would confirm my MIDImap thought.

      If (1) is no, either you are doing it wrong (read User Manual) or you really do have a hardware fault.

       

      • #140045
        earthroid
        Member
        nickrose wrote:

        My guess is that your Pitchfactor is OK.

        It is possible that you have the MIDImap set incorrectly and you are not loading the program that you think you are.

        Try renaming the saved preset, and see if:

        1) When you load it with the switches it loads with the new name.

        2) When you load it from MIDI it loads with the new name.

        My prediction is that (1) will be yes and (2) will be no, which would confirm my MIDImap thought.

        If (1) is no, either you are doing it wrong (read User Manual) or you really do have a hardware fault.

        Show More...

         

         

        yes for both 1 and 2

        Show Less...
      • #140046
        nickrose
        Moderator
        Eventide Staff
        gogae22 wrote:

        yes for both 1 and 2

        Shows how much I know.

        If you load the program manually, do you have the same problem ?

         

      • #140047
        earthroid
        Member
        nickrose wrote:
        gogae22 wrote:

        yes for both 1 and 2

        Shows how much I know.

        If you load the program manually, do you have the same problem ?

         

        Show More...Show Less...
      • #140054
        gkellum
        Member

        Thanks for posting that video showing the problem.  We were actually able to reproduce the problem using the latest PitchFactor bam.  So, it looks like you found a bug in the latest PitchFactor release.  We were planning on putting out a new PitchFactor release soon anyway to add the new routing modes, expression pedal to volume mappings and other features in the most recent H9 release.  Hopefully, we'll put in a fix for this problem as well in the next release.

    • #140049
      nickrose
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff

      Sorry.  I have no further ideas.

       

      Since this is not a known problem, and while I suspect the problem is at your end, you have no reason to believe this, and should act accordingly.

       

    • #140050
      earthroid
      Member

      Do I get it right that Ican buy H9 core, then purchase PF presets and it will work the same way PF does?
      Can i ask pricing for the PF presets because i can’t look it up on the internet

      • #140052
        jgoldbach
        Participant
        gogae22 wrote:
        Do I get it right that Ican buy H9 core, then purchase PF presets and it will work the same way PF does? Can i ask pricing for the PF presets because i can't look it up on the internet

        Correct. You can buy algorithms that come with PitchFactor for the H9 and they work the same way on the H9 that they do on the PitchFactor pedal. Algorithms are about $20 US each. 

    • #140060
      earthroid
      Member

      I changed my PF to H9 core and the problem is still there, but i can’t test other PF algos anymore as I need tobuy them
      Feel free to show your graditude by giving me a free algo )

      • #140122
        gkellum
        Member
        gogae22 wrote:
        Feel free to show your graditude by giving me a free algo

        Fair enough.  If everyone would upload a video like you did that makes it easy for us to reproduce a problem, it would make our lives a lot easier.  I just added an extra coupon to your H9.  If you go into the store, you should see it.

        By the way my colleague Russ found where that problem was coming from.  We just posted new releases for the Factor and Space pedals today, and the fix didn't make it into that release.  But we've slated it for the next release (which will be soon).

    • #140128
      earthroid
      Member

      Thank you!

    • #140258
      ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

      This issue is also present on the h9. I run into this today.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.