PitchFactor Octaver Mono/Stereo Issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PitchFactor Octaver Mono/Stereo Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      fidl

Hi,

I am having issues with the Octaver on my PitchFactor. I read that the effect is Dual Mono, however, it is randomly switching out of Mono into some sort of Stereo image. The Effect will switch back and forth inconsistently between Mono/Stereo. 

I have tried all three available versions of the software and find no change in the issue. Additionally, I have tested new Octaver sounds and not just my Octaver presets.

I loop and use In-Ears for my monitoring. When the sound suddenly is thrown into stereo, it can be quite a distracting change.

Other than that, I've enjoyed the effect and find it to work fairly well with fiddle/violin.

Please help.

Thanks!

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

Sorry you've been having this problem. I'll sit down with a PitchFactor at some point today and try to reproduce this/iron out what's going on. It could be that your unit is faulty, in which case you'd have to e-mail support@eventide.com, but I'll get back to you if it isn't. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Jenzz

Hi .-)

Did you find a reason on this issue? I have the same problem with mine…

regards, Jens

Jenzz

Hi .-)

I have the same issue with mine…. Switches from mono to some kind of out-of-Phase like sound randomly…

Any suggestions / reason?

regards, Jens .-)

Jenzz

Hi again .-)

I did some further research on the issue (running PitchFactor in stereo-in / stereo out mode):

The only affected effects are Octaver and HarPeggiator.

While the Octaver switches from mono to out-of-Phase randomly, the HarPeggiator always is out-of-Phase…

BUT: Only Pitch B is affected (Octaver and HarPeggiator), Pitch A is always mono i.e. one side of Stereo Image…

Any suggestions?

Jenzz

fidl

Hi Jenzz,

I never received a resolution from Eventide. There is slight comfort to hear I'm not the only one that has experienced this…hopefully it can be resolved in the software with an update. Because of this issue, I'm unable to send a stereo signal TO the PitchFactor (requiring it to be first in my chain) and that has limited my pedalboard routing options. 

Here is the note that I sent to Eventide support from my testing, along with link to a pic of the out of phase waveform. Hopefully the image uploads.

Fingers crossed this can be resolved!

Casey

###

I'm still dealing with this out of phase issue with the Pitchfactor Octaver. I did some additional testing yesterday to isolate the problem (taking all other devices out of the chain) and it still appears to be with the Pitchfactor. Here's what I did:

• Recorded 2 tracks of a mono signal (simple plucked note) into my DAW

• I routed those identical mono tracks out from the DAW interface directly to the L/R inputs of the PF

• Outputs of the PF were sent to 2 more tracks of my DAW interface

• I played the prerecorded dry signal through the Octaver and re-recorded it in the DAW.

I experienced the same issue – at random – the outputs of the PF would produce one side out of phase with the other.

I'm attaching a jpeg of the waveforms:

• Blue is the Dry signal, Red is the return from the PF

• The first note was correctly in phase both Dry and Wet

• The second note shows the Wet out of phase with itself while the Dry is still in phase.

It's important to note that when the PF is only fed a single mono input, the wet never goes out of phase. In a live setting, when the club's subs are mono, it's a big problem because the bass will cancel itself out. 

I did buy another PF pedal a while back to see if it was just mine, but the factory Octaver preset did the same thing so I returned it. If you'd like to send me one to test out that you believe to be working properly, I'm happy to check it. I really want this to work – I use your pedal for many other sounds and textures.

Jenzz

Hi .-)

Thx for sharing your findings. I tested with my unit and results are the same. Did you check HarPeggiuator, too? On my unit, Setting to Pitch B will allways result in out-of-Phase Output, regardless of having single plug mono Input or dual plug stereo Input.

I'm using the PF on vibraphone, so i definetly use both channels to cover the Instrument and often use PITCH B to go deep enough for Bass work. (we don't have a bass player). Since we often play smaller venues with satelite and mono subbass systems, this out-of-Phase issue is a huge problem for me, too.

Btw, i had access to 2 other Pitchfactors in the meantime… All of them had the same problems of turning randomly out-of-phase output in Octaver mode and permanent out-of-Phase Output of PITCH B in HarPeggiator mode.

Since this issue should be known to Eventide, i think this is a hardware / kind of sync problem…Otherwise, it could have been resolved by a software update…

regards + merry x-mas,

Jenzz .-)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.