Pitchfactor Pentatonic Questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor Pentatonic Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bodhijames

Hi All,

I'm a little late to the party but I just purchased a Pitchfactor pedal this week.

I am a guitarist who handles all of the soloing duties for my band, so I am always looking for some different tones and "colors' to help mix things up in the tone dept.

I'm curious to find what other PF users are doing for Pentatonic scales, both major and minor. I'm trying to dial in Jessica from the Allman Bros and I can't seem to find the right pitch/scale options.

I watched a quick demo of the Digitech Harmonyman pedal do this tune rather easily but am finding it more than difficult with the PF.

Without having a Pentatonic scale option, I've tried A Mixolydian figuring that would be the closest I could get to an A major Pentatonic scale.

Has anyone had any luck with the above roadblock?

thanks!

BJ

caveman
      Participant

I don't know if this will work for Jessica, but it does help with the stuff I do. I have the interval set to a third, then have the expression pedal programmed to change the interval between a third and a fourth.. this helps pick a more musical harmony depending on which note of the scale you are hitting. say you are playing the fifth of a scale and press the pedal down to fourths will get the fifth plus the octave on top, instead of the fifth with a 7th on top.

If eventide ever implements a user defined scale (a la H3000) this would really be a breakthrough for intelligent moving harmony.

bodhijames

Hey caveman,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try this weekend!

User defined scales would definitely be welcome!!!

BJ

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.