Pitchfactor Power Supply

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor Power Supply

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rorke

Hi 

I just got a pitchfactor and the powersupply didn't work.

I got the unit through a friendly ebay seller and he has been great. The unit arrived in good time and he has since contacted Eventide on my behalf and is sending me a new power supply.

So I was forced to get a generic powersupply. I did a google search and my information seemed to suggest that all Eventide boxes were 1200ma… so i got a 9v 1200ma powersupply and the unit seems to work perfectly. and it sounds insanely good!

That was yesterday, today I was actually in the pitchfactor frequently asked questions and I realise that it is rated for 500ma.

So, my question is am I safe using a 1200ma rated adapter for my pitchfactor?

Cheers

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

The official answer will be that Eventide only recommend using original PSU… Which you can understand completely.

However….. I have been using third party power supplies for years, due to the size of the original PSU's …. I think they now provide smaller ones, at least my Space has a smaller PSU than the other Factors I have owned.

Bottom line, it should be fine.. I use PSU's rated at 1700mA and it works fine… But of course it is at your risk…. I took the risk… And it is fine 🙂

Rnjoy.

rorke

Thanks for that, much appreciated, and it sets my mind at ease. So, I am thinking then that the milliamp rating of the adapter is potential output, and that the stompbox draws what it needs rather that the adapter just delivering 1200ma into the unit. If so it should be OK within reason to use a higher milliamp rated power adapter???? Am I thinking correctly, or is this just a naive interpretation???

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

You are correct… I have used OneSpot's and other higher rated mA pedals and they have been fine… The important part is the 9V DC…isolated… Ou can not daisy chain the factor pedals.. It introduces noise.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.