Pitchfactor Quadravox for vocals?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor Quadravox for vocals?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      benwiley4000
      Participant

Hi I’m interested in the Pitchfactor’s Quadravox mode for processing vocals, but particularly for processing synth talkbox vocals (after being preamped obviously).

I read in an old web discussion that there is a low pass filter or something applied to the output, so this might not work well for vocals at high frequencies. But I haven’t been able to test this. Has anyone been able to try Diatonic or Quadravox modes with vocal input?

I’ve also heard there are some differences between the Pitchfactor and the H90 for harmonizing but I’m not sure how significant these are.

benwiley4000
      Participant

I’ve got one more question, in the manual for the Pitchfactor, in the Quadravox section, it seems there is a parameter for adjusting the harmonic interval between voices A and B but I don’t see any parameter for controlling the intervals of voices C and D. Does this exist and it’s just missing from the manual?

Ideally I would be able to create a 3-part harmony containing the 3rd, 5th and octave above the pitch of the vocal input.

I would also like to be able to pan some of the voices to the left and right, but not sure if this is a possibility.

brock
      Participant

I have done it, PitchFactor, H9, and now the H90.  Definitely (and logically), a significant increase in quality over the units.  The H90 versions adds a Quantize parameter, that I like.  It’s no MeloDyne or TC Helicon for vocals, but I can see where it could cover for a more synthesized output.  I’d say some kind of post-processing certainly helps out vocal input, to tie it all together.  And you might want some kind of LP filter, once you get past +1 octave.

In QuadraVox, you can adjust the intervals for all Voices: A, B, C, and D, constrained to the selected Key & Scale.  Voices A & C are panned left; Voices B & D are panned right.  Diatonic pans A & B.  The difference is more control over the independent Delay parameters, plus a cool Feedback routing.  QuadraVox treats delays as a group, with gradations in spacing between delays.  Delay D setting your longest delay time.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/algorithms/pitch.html#quadravox

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/algorithms/pitch.html#diatonic

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.