Pitchfactor questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      cowudders
      Participant

hi!

just got my PF (version 2.3.OC2J) – what a great, great box!! thanks.

I'm using it stereo in/stereo out.

with the algos HarModulator & harpeggiator I experience the following behaviour:

Pitch-Mix to B (100% right) and the resulting audio (which should be mono, no?) is out of phase, cancels out completely, when I press the mono button on my desk. a bug? This happens only in those two algos.

The tracking of the PitchFlex IS very fast, but the portamento is too much, as other also pointed out. If the detector needs more time to build a steady pitch, would it be possible to include a preference in the system-options like, 'less or no portamento, therefore more processing delay'?

This would make this effect much more usable, IMO.

Thanks for listening, you're the best,

bernd Stick out tongue

cowudders
      Participant

I'd like to get an answer, at least about the mono-cancellation, thanks -bernd

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Bernd,

I've taken a look and you are absolutely correct that there is a phase issue with output B when those two effects are used in stereo mode.  I'll add the bug and it will be fixed in the next release.

Also, I will add a feature request to speed up the rate of the expression pedal in PitchFlex.  We will have to see what the limiting factors are and if they can be addressed.

Thanks,

Dan Gillespie

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Again,

Just to clarify, when you speak of portamento on the PitchFlex algorithm, do you mean when using the expression pedal or the Flex button?

cowudders
      Participant

Hi Dan,

it's very nice being able to communicate with an engineer!

concerning the 'portamento': I was speaking about the, as it sounds to me, built-in ramping up the pitch, without any external modulator, of the pitch-algorithm, when the detector is 'unsure'. For example the HOG is spot on, no upward pitch-bend to the target note. Might be completely different technologies and the PF can do so much more, just wanted to point this out and ask.

great, that the phase-thing mentioned above will be fixed!

cheers, bernd

cowudders
      Participant

DGillespie:

I've taken a look and you are absolutely correct that there is a phase issue with output B when those two effects are used in stereo mode.  I'll add the bug and it will be fixed in the next release.

It's been 6 months now, any update on this, Dan?

The PF is a great pedal, it really grows on you.

cheers,

bernd

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Bernd,

The bug is fixed and there will likely be a new release in the coming months.

Dan

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.