PitchFactor “Ringulator” Request

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PitchFactor “Ringulator” Request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      iseman

Since Eventide excels at pitch tracking, shifting, modulation, and now synthesis (via Synthonizer[tm]), why not offer the Ringulator, a pitch-tracking Ring Modulator that uses a shifted offset from the input pitch as the modulating carrier wave? This would result in pitch-relative consistent ring-modulated tones. For instance, the shifted offset could be setup for gong-like tones, but one could play these tones like a musical instrument (e.g. C,E,G input plays C,E,G output, not some other difference tones).

I've played with this concept both with the Pigtronix pedal and a wiring up Moog analog pedals. The result is infinitely more usable than standard Ring Modulation and would make a great addition to the PitchFactor. Options on the carrier wave form (square, triangle, saw, sine, etc) could create additional ring-mod characteristics.

I think this could be prototyped on the H8000 for starters; then play with it and see what I mean. This could be a very powerful effect and a great feature.

Cheers,

Kevin

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Great Idea, perhaps a feature upgrade to an existing Eventide product with a ringmod 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.