PitchFactor Scales

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PitchFactor Scales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      gondwana
      Participant

Why isn´t there a Cromatic Scale or fixed Pitch in the Quardavox Preset? Sometimes I don´t want to have always the harmonic correction, It wold be nice to play with Jazz Chords like 7#5b2. A Cromatic scale is a scale as well. Listen to John Hassle or Laurie Anderson. I have a DSP4000 in my studio and it sound great. So I thought to bring my sounds on stage with my guitar, thats why I bought the PitchFactor. I Think no one will miss some of the "strange" Scales.

gondwana
      Participant

Hello ? Major Tom 7 @ Eventide……

Bodde
      Participant

Agreed. Fixed pitch for the quadravox algo would be nice. You don't always want the scale harmony.

I love John Hassle by the way!

cowudders
      Participant

yes, a chromatic scale would be so useful!

brock
      Participant

gondwana:

… I Think no one will miss some of the "strange" Scales.

Well, I'm rather partial to those scale options, especially using MIDI to change key & scale on the fly.  Very creative in practice.  But I do believe there are ways to add a chromatic scale and keep the options open for all of the currently available scales (and more).

A user scale – based on selectable interval sequences from the chromatic scale – would cover most any possibility.  The modern Western modes are essentially the same scale, starting at a different tonic, and rotating through the interval sequence.  That covers 12 Keys over 7 Scales.

A user / chromatic scale – edited with H9 Control – could set up the "strange Scales", pentatonic scales, and any other exotic 12-tone scale.  The tradeoff may have to be less Delay time, one of the four additional voices, or limitations on the 'extra' scales.

Even if this can't fit within the constraints of the current QuadraVox algorithm, I'd like to see an H9 Special variation.  Perhaps with some added capabilities, such as a Voice Freeze effect, glissando or chromatic bends, or a microtonal Scala overlay.

cowudders
      Participant

hello, just because i bumped into this ‘limitation’ on the quadvox again … dear eventide, do you consider adding a simple chromatic option? thanks!

Alancarl
      Participant

Hi Eventide,
      I was surprised that I could only select Heptatonic scales in the Octavox Algorithm. It would seem that a chromatic scale fixed interval harmony would be less difficult to achieve in programming and DSP cycle land. In any case the non-intelligent harmony processing seems like a no brainier(pun intended:-)
      Thanks Eventide,
      Al

caveman
      Participant

I’m voting again for a user scale.  Great future proofing feature.   The legacy R3000 and up hardware had the feature, so the algorithm must be there somewhere.  I had brought this up before as a feature request a few years ago.

gondwana
      Participant

Thanks to all for keeping this question up. Fixed Pitch would be great.

cowudders
      Participant

i’d like to bump this request, i’m using the ‘shift’ function on my tc helicon all the time, it lets you shift the 4 voices without any intelligent harmonization – would be great to have this mode in the quadravox algorithm as the eventide shifters sound completely different from anyhing out there!

gondwana
      Participant

Hello again, I want to keep this request up. Every time I work with the PF it comes in my mind: WHY IS THERE NO CROMATIC OR FIXED PTCH SCALE?

question
        gondwana wrote:

Hello again, I want to keep this request up. Every time I work with the PF it comes in my mind: WHY IS THERE NO CROMATIC OR FIXED PTCH SCALE?

Mmm Harmodulator or H910 comes to my mind, aren’t they suitable for that kind of shifting? Except your request is specific to Quadravox or Diatonic.

Oscard
      Participant

Bump!

Such a wonderful device, hyper intelligent when it comes to dealing with pich and harmonizing, yet extremely limited when it comes to scales? 

I’m still hoping I’m missing something here, but after digging through all the features the PF has (WOW!), no user defined scale? Not a single one? 

Also really weird all the diatonic scales get a different naming, where they’re all the same “configurations”.

Okay, enough ranting, but I just wanna play some good ol’ pentatonic comping voicings!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.