Pitchfactor sounds like LP filter is always on

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor sounds like LP filter is always on

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Bazzikaster

Hi!

When I set pedal to 100%  Wet on any algorythm and turned off everything (Pitch to Unison, delays off etc) the sound is like Low Pass fillter processing signal. Is it OK? I think it should not process sygnal at all in this case and why is that LP filter anyway? Where I can turn it off? Thanks!

Bazzikaster

Could anybody  comment please?

camn
      Participant

can we hear it?

Bazzikaster
      camn
      Participant

Oh I hear it. 

I use the H9 version.. But I have had some dissatisfaction with the processed tone of the Pitchfactor as well.

I think you are just mistaken that “it should not process signal” when set to 100% wet. It likely is totally processing signal, sampling the tracked note and outputting one at unison.

Probably (I’m speculating), the tracked note is bandpassed to improve accuracy. Tracking all the overtones would be suboptimal, and would output multiple tones all over the place. So your processed output would also be bandpassed. 

I doubt there is a way to change it.. Except to use 100% dry or bypass when you want a clean signal. 

Bazzikaster

Thank you!  So I can’t use this unit for recording foley. I wonder how some use it on vocal if it changes tone so much..

camn
      Participant

um- just bypass.

Bazzikaster

I don’t need to bypass. I need this unit to pitch shift, not to eq signal. Well, I’ve decided to sold it anyway

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.