Pitchfactor stuck in Update mode. Can’t update with either Direct Updater or Update Utility

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor stuck in Update mode. Can’t update with either Direct Updater or Update Utility

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      luca9583
      Participant

Having serious issues here with Pitchfactor.

The PF is stuck in Update mode when i power it up and when i then try and update with Direct Updater it appears as an Invalid device with no update options.

When i try to update with Update Utility it gets as far as “Checking Device” and stays frozen on that.

At this point i’m sure i’ve lost all my presets so i tried a factory reset at power up but it still goes to Update mode.

Any ideas? I’m running OSX 10.9.5 and have the latest Eventide apps.

gkellum
      Participant

Well, it would be best to send an email to support@eventide.com.  Let us know if you have access to a Windows machine;  if so, we might send you an alternative updating application.  Otherwise, we might send you the PitchFactor update software so you can try to install that directly with the Eventide Direct Updater on Mac even if the PitchFactor is appearing as an invalid device.  Also, let us know if when you turn your PitchFactor on does the display light up immediately, or is there a 10 second delay before it comes on?

luca9583
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Well, it would be best to send an email to support@eventide.com.  Let us know if you have access to a Windows machine;  if so, we might send you an alternative updating application.  Otherwise, we might send you the PitchFactor update software so you can try to install that directly with the Eventide Direct Updater on Mac even if the PitchFactor is appearing as an invalid device.  Also, let us know if when you turn your PitchFactor on does the display light up immediately, or is there a 10 second delay before it comes on?

Thanks for the fast reply. I don’t have access to a Windows machine so doing it via Direct Updater with the update software file sounds like a plan.

When i turn the PF it lights up immediately.

Just sent an email to support now.

luca9583
      Participant

Got hold of an old PC and used the Direct Updater but the update crashes with an error after around 10% and the Pitchfactor screen says “BAD !!!”.

After that the unit does not power up unless i hold down the middle footswitch to get it back into update mode…if i don’t do this it stays dead and then every 20 or 30 seconds the unit lights up and then dies again.

gkellum
        Participant
        luca9583 wrote:

Got hold of an old PC and used the Direct Updater but the update crashes with an error after around 10% and the Pitchfactor screen says "BAD !!!".

After that the unit does not power up unless i hold down the middle footswitch to get it back into update mode…if i don't do this it stays dead and then every 20 or 30 seconds the unit lights up and then dies again.

I just sent you an email with a link to our Windows based updater which may help with your problem.

stringbot
      Participant

Similar problem here. PitchFactor was working fine until I tried updating to 5.2.0 using the Direct Updater via USB. Now when I power it up, it gives me a little light show (LED display self-test maybe?) and then everything goes black. I can boot it into update mode by holding the center foot pedal, and the Direct Updater app sees it, but hangs up on “Preparing for update. Checking device…”

I don’t have access to a Windows machine.

stringbot
        Participant
        stringbot wrote:

…but hangs up on “Preparing for update. Checking device…”

Actually I’ve gotten it past that screen to the install phase a couple of time but the install fails around 20% complete, with the same result described above.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        stringbot wrote:

stringbot wrote:

…but hangs up on "Preparing for update. Checking device…"

Actually I've gotten it past that screen to the install phase a couple of time but the install fails around 20% complete, with the same result described above.

If it always fails at the same point, that would suggest a hardware problem. Maybe there is an error message ?

stringbot
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

stringbot wrote:

stringbot wrote:

…but hangs up on “Preparing for update. Checking device…”

Actually I’ve gotten it past that screen to the install phase a couple of time but the install fails around 20% complete, with the same result described above.

If it always fails at the same point, that would suggest a hardware problem. Maybe there is an error message ?

There was some sort of message but it wasn’t very specific. I’ll try it again from a different computer and see what happens. If I can catch the error message before it disappears I’ll post it.

luca9583
      Participant

If you don’t have Windows, try starting from scratch by using the H9 Control app. On Mac, if you start the update process this way for Factor pedal with an older firmware, it will then prompt you to open up the Direct Updater which will bring up the available updates. This worked for me in the end after various failed attempts which left the PF in a state that wouldn’t power up properly.

Make sure you power up while holding down the middle footswitch each time you power up to attempt the update

stringbot
      Participant

I got it back by running the update on another computer with nothing else plugged into its USB. The failures were all on an iMac that had a ridiculous number of peripherals plugged in, so maybe that had something to do with it. Seems like everything’s good now.

Thanks!

Jkorbel
        stringbot wrote:

I got it back by running the update on another computer with nothing else plugged into its USB. The failures were all on an iMac that had a ridiculous number of peripherals plugged in, so maybe that had something to do with it. Seems like everything’s good now.

Thanks!

was the other computer a MAC or PC?  I’m having same issue.  Update failing at around 22% then space padal stuck in update mode.

gkellum
        Participant
        Jkorbel wrote:

was the other computer a MAC or PC?  I'm having same issue.  Update failing at around 22% then space padal stuck in update mode.

We may want to send you an alternative update application to try.  Could you please send an email to support@eventide.com and in the email answer the following questions: what desktop computers do you have access to, i.e. Mac, Windows, etc?  Does the display on your stompbox light up immediately or is there a 10 second delay before the display lights up?  Also, what happened exactly when you tried updating your Space?  At what point did the update fail, and what error message (if any) did you see?

celso002
      Participant

Hey, i’m having the same issue in my TimeFactor. Did you fix your? If yes, can you help-me to fix mine now.. I’m lost without this pedal

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.