Pitchfactor: Thicken Chords for fuzzy, My Bloody Valentine esque sound

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor: Thicken Chords for fuzzy, My Bloody Valentine esque sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jmeager

Hi

I've had a my Pitchfactor a few weeks now and am loving it. Been using Crystal and Diatonic quite a bit.

I play in a band that plays noisey, My Bloody Valentine influenced songs, that verges a little on punk in places.

In one of our newest songs, there's fuzzy, more delicate playing through the verse then it goes into a chorus that has more depth in the sound.

At the moment whilst you can hear this change, it's not as pronounced as I would like.

I don't want the sound to get louder, but I would like the guitar sound to get thick, deeper and more powerful.

What would be the best setting to use on this? I had some though to use Diatonic but as the chords change a few times I wasn't sure if it would track / work successfully?

Would micro-pitch or octaver at the right setting?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

HI,

Micropitch would thicken the sound, especially if you tastefully use it …maybe with some fuzz..for that MBV kinda sound.

Also for thickening, you could try using a short delay to widen the sound …7ms is one technique is used for that kinda thing.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

I know MBV uses reverse reverb, and while the PF doesn't have that, it does have Crystals which is pitch-shifted reverse chunks with reverb.  You could try setting the reverse time(s)  (in tempo mode) to 1/4 note or a 1/2 note, and setting the pitches at +/- 3-9 cents, and then using lots of reverb and not much feedback.  It won't sound like crystals anymore, but it might get you what you're looking for.   

jmeager

Thanks for the suggestion badmelonfarmer!

Sorry for the delay getting back to you – I've been away.

Micropitch seems like a good answer, should boost the range of sounds without a direct increase in volume – like the idea of a short delay, thanks!

jmeager

Hi Wedelcih

Thanks, that's a really interesting idea, and I can;t wait to get home and try it out! I've used crystals a lot, but what you're suggesting sounds like it could have a really interesting, unique sound.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.