Pitchfactor Update Fails

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor Update Fails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Disgraceland
      Participant

Hi

I can see that this is a known problem and I am posting here as i haven’t had any response from teh support email address (automated or otherwise).

I have a Pitchfactor update failure.

Initialy I tried to update to the latest version from a Mac (OS 10.12.05). It stopped at 75%, said that it had completed an dthe machine powered off.

Now If I start the machine I get the single bar of lights, a pause for a few secpnds  then a full display of lights for a few seconds and then it powers down.

I cannot perform system restore – same sequence of lights as above.

I can only boot into update mode.

I have tried updating to all versions of firmware availble in the updater.

I also tried on a PC.

To get it to work on a PC I have to run the H9 control software to get to the updater software. if I just try to run the updater as a standalone, it does not see the device.

On a PC (Win 10 fully updated) the oldest update available (3.5 Ithink) gets the furthest  (100%), then said it was unpacking the software, said it had completed and then went off.

I bought this unit second had and am conserned that the prices to fix seem more than the unit cost.

Do you have a ‘special’ installer that will work on a Windows machine to force an update / system restore?

Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid it looks as though you have a hardware problem. This may be the reason that the unit was sold.

Things to try before returning it:

1) Update (yet) again, by whatever means appears successful.

2) Following this, do a "Restoring Factory Presets and System Settings" as described in the UM.

3) Consider trying a different power supply.

If these fail, you should return it to your vendor, or send it in for service.

Disgraceland
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

I’m afraid it looks as though you have a hardware problem. This may be the reason that the unit was sold.

Things to try before returning it:

1) Update (yet) again, by whatever means appears successful.

2) Following this, do a “Restoring Factory Presets and System Settings” as described in the UM.

3) Consider trying a different power supply.

If these fail, you should return it to your vendor, or send it in for service.

Thanks for your reply.

It’s worth pointing out that this was purchased from a friend and I know iit has worked well for him. It was working when I got it, I was just foolish to select the update option as I am not even sure it needed updating. The failure was directly caused by the update process – I’ve seen a lot of posts that all have the same type of issue, so I’m guessing that it’s not an uncommon fault?

Anyway – I tried again. Slightly further this time:

Attempted version 5.2.0[6] on a PC running Windows 10 fully updated. Note that I had to re-start PC before the H9 software would connect

Started Pitchfactor in update mode. Screen says ‘Update…

During process the following LEDs are lit:

Diatonic

Quadravox

Harmodulator 

H910/H949 blinks aproximately every 2 seconds

Update completed.

Software lost connection with device.

On the main screen I have 1 led lit under depth key, 2 lit to teh left of spped, 5 lit to the right of speed and 5 lit under Xnob

I removed power cable, held down the Flex button and Tempo encoderr, plugged in power supply. Single bar of lights appeared, paused then a full set of lights (seem slightly dim) and then finally turned off.

Any ideas? 🙂

Re: Power supply. Could this be a likely cause of the failure?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Disgraceland wrote:

The power supply could easily be the problem. A weak power supply is the most likely cause of startup issues.

If you are not using an Eventide supply, I would suggest you get hold of one. If you are, it would be worth trying to borrow  another one.

Disgraceland
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Disgraceland wrote:

The power supply could easily be the problem. A weak power supply is the most likely cause of startup issues.

If you are not using an Eventide supply, I would suggest you get hold of one. If you are, it would be worth trying to borrow  another one.

Thanks Nick. Will try that

Disgraceland
      Participant

Hi Nick

I now get the ‘Bad’ error.

Does this indicate Eprom failure?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This probably means that a preset did not load correctly. Try re-initializing. Otherwise this could be a failed update, a bad power supply, or some other hardware error.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.