Pitchfactor using external expression pedal and midi controller?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor using external expression pedal and midi controller?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      guitarplyr
      Participant

Hi,

I have looked in the manual and cant seem to find the info for what I am trying to do, or maybe have read and just not understood as I am a bit uneducated when it comes to using expression pedals.

When hooking up the expression pedal to the Pitchfactor everything works fine. I can control several different knobs at once and store it. Now what I want to be able to do is hook my expression pedal into my Rocktron Midi Raider foot controller using only one CC message  and have it act as though the pedal is plugged directly into the Eventide and not the controller. I see where I have to assign each knob and assign a number ..etc, but that can take some time going between the Pitch and the controller.. I ask this only because I have a delay pedal which if I program CC#100 I can do everything right on the pedal without having to assign or program the Midi Raider. In other words, once I send that CC message the delay now acts as though the expression pedal is plugged directly into it and not into the controller.  Is there a way to do this with Pitchfactor?

brock
      Participant

Assign your MIDI CC# to PED as a destination on the PitchFactor.  Anything you’ve mapped to the expression pedal in a preset will be controlled by that.  Savable per-preset.

guitarplyr
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Assign your MIDI CC# to PED as a destination on the PitchFactor.  Anything you’ve mapped to the expression pedal in a preset will be controlled by that.  Savable per-preset.

Unfortunately I am not in front of my rig atm, but just to clarify as long as I assign a CC to the expression pedal thru the Midi Raider I can now use it as if it was directly plugged into the Pitchfactor? Sorry if its obvious, but as an expression pedal novice I just want to make sure I got it. I honestly dont know why I didnt do this years ago as it really opens up sooo many possibilities of sounds!! My thanks and gratitude.

guitarplyr
        Participant
        guitarplyr wrote:

brock wrote:

Ok, but do I have to map each knob to the pedal or is there a way to assign the knobs as if the expression pedal was plugged directly into the Pitchfactor? On my delay pedal there is no mapping involved once I give it the CC command. You turn the knobs to the parameters you want at heel, then toe and save it. You can do that on the Pitch if the pedal is plugged directly into it but when going thru the Midi Raider,  I assign the CC message but still have to go in and assign each knob individually. Any way to avoid that?

guitarplyr
      Participant

Just a bump as my last post may have been a little confusing as it posted in all quotes, including my question.

I have already assigned a CC# to PED as a destination but it seems I still have to map the parameters to the pedal and then likewise in the Midi Raider.

With my delay unit, once I assisgned the CC# to the expression pedal in the Midi Raider I can control the entire delay as though the expression pedal was plugged directly into it. I can adjust each parameter with the knobs and hit save and thats all there is to it. No mapping, which saves A LOT of time considering you have to program the Pitchfactor AND the Midi Raider. Is there any way to have the Pitchfactor behave as if the expression pedal is plugged directly into it? Thanks!

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        guitarplyr wrote:

Is there any way to have the Pitchfactor behave as if the expression pedal is plugged directly into it? Thanks!

You may connect your PitchFactor to your PC/Mac through a USB cable. In H9 Control, you may adjust your presets and all the settings of your PitchFactor. 

You may map the expression (Hotknob) and all parameters to certain MIDI CC messages. To do so, please find the attached screenshots (1->2->3->4). 

guitarplyr
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

guitarplyr wrote:

Is there any way to have the Pitchfactor behave as if the expression pedal is plugged directly into it? Thanks!

You may connect your PitchFactor to your PC/Mac through a USB cable. In H9 Control, you may adjust your presets and all the settings of your PitchFactor. 

You may map the expression (Hotknob) and all parameters to certain MIDI CC messages. To do so, please find the attached screenshots (1->2->3->4). 

Yea, thats pretty much what I will resort to if thats the only other way to control it {besides plugging the pedal directly into it). I was hoping it would be as easy as my delay pedal though. No matter what I use to map everything its just so much faster turning the knobs to min and max value and hitting save. I’m actually a little surprised that you cant do that with this pedal.

I realize its only a few extra steps to go thru but when your working with multiple rack effects and pedals its a few less thing to deal with.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.