Plugin Preset Location

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Plugin Preset Location

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sprawl

Hello,

i just realized that the Eventide plugins create their presets in ~/Music/Eventide.

That’s just wrong. Why do they have to be mixed up with my mp3 Library? 

They belong in /Library/Audio/Presets/Eventide. The whole purpose of that system fodler is to hold plugin presets. 

I moved the folder but how do i make the plugins accept the correct location?

Thanks

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

It's not possible to change the plugin to look at a different preset location.

~/Music is a suitable spot, as it's not reserved for music collections only. Many DAWs and plugins use this folder for storing presets and session data, including Logic and GarageBand. Apple has recommended using this folder in the past for this type of thing, in fact.

sprawl

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I just think it’s weird to use this folder when there actually is a folder called “presets” that is right next to the actual plugins folder.

I’ve noticed some other manufacturers dumping files there as well.

I’m not suprised that even apple uses this location and also recommends using it. They have lost it anyway.

I think it would be a great feature for the Eventide plugins to make the plugin location user definable. It would help keep computers clean and uncluttered.

Having all presets for all plugins in the same folder hierarchy just makes a lot of sense. 

Where do you put these on Windows by the way? I’m thinking about replacing all Apple DAW computers in my company withy PCs this year. 

Cheers

Dlanor
      Participant

user-definable preset location would be great.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Its different for every developer. UVI and MOTU use Documents, Empirical Labs use Audio,, and Eventide use Music. I don’t have a problem with this, as all my user presets go on a seperate drive anyway.

wilkinsi
      Participant
      tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Yes, it's certainly bizarre. I believe that presets folder you mention is used by some hosts, but not by any plugins themselves. In any case we'll note your request for user-definable plugin location as a feature request.

On Windows, our presets are located at C:Users<username>DocumentsEventide<plugin name>

sprawl
      tlongabaugh wrote:

…we’ll note your request for user-definable plugin location as a feature request.

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.