Polyflex Volume drop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Polyflex Volume drop

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      sukecerulo
      Participant

I was excited to try the new Polyflex but there is noticeable change in tone and drop in volume as soon as you engage the MANUAL FLEX. I did a back and forth with my presets with Pitch flex and there is no problem with the Pitch Flex but there was on the Poly Flex. For the Polyflex I just used an INIT program and some of the presets. The drop in volume and change in tone happened with and without my EXP pedal (Roland EV5). I thought it was the exp pedal, but I recalibrated it and the problem still happens when I use the mouse to control the Manual Flex.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Can you provide some more information about your setup? Are you going mono in/out of the H90 or are any of the input/outputs stereo?

Are the Polyflex voices panned at all? Can you also check that the Program and Preset gain levels are at unity?

sukecerulo
      Participant

Hi, I have mono in and mono out. My dirt pedals are a mono insert. All levels are unity gain and pan is centered. I created a new program with the POLY algo on A and the PICH algo on B. Both set to +5. I still experience same issue where once the MANUAL FLEX is activated on POLY, the volume drops and tone gets thin. I made a video but everytime I try to attach my reply doesnt go thru. Ill try to add again

sukecerulo
      Participant

Try to view the video here  POLY FLEX PROBLEM

wherman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Appreciate the video and the extra info, I can definitely hear what you’re talking about with the volume drop but am having some trouble re-creating it myself. What happens if you use the same settings from the video with the Manual Flex knobs at 0 (pedal in heel position) but turn Auto Engage Off, and then adjust the Mix value from 0 – 100? Do you still hear just as significant of a level drop or is the level more similar between a mix of 0 and 100?

sukecerulo
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. When Auto Engage is set to off, the volume drops as soon as the preset un-bypassed. The drop in volume is consistent regardless of where the exp pedal is in its sweep

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I can’t recreate this either. sukecerulo, if you could, can you attach the Program that’s giving you problems so we can test our pedals with that Program, please?

sukecerulo
      Participant

Ok, I attached the program

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

sorry sukecerulo, not seeing an attachment. Can you reply with it here?

sukecerulo
        Participant

Ok uploaded again,

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

Perhaps the forum interface is confusing but I don’t see an attachment here. Please email it to me at jcozzi@eventide.com

sukecerulo
        Participant

I emailed it to you. I noticed the website was responding weird when I tried to upload stuff

sukecerulo
      Participant

I think I can reproduce it. PERFORM MODE:  start w INIT program. Add POLYFLEX preset. It should work ok. NOW go to control assignments and change FS 1 to Tap tempo. Try exp pedal again and hear the volume drop as soon as it kicks in.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi sukecerulo, I followed your instructions in the video below, but I cannot reproduce the issue. Please watch it and let me know if I did something differently.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p29sy4pbpxqd1z/polyflex%20example.mov?dl=0

sukecerulo
        Participant

Thank you for the video that’s what I did, same as you. But now  I couldn’t repo it again, I thought maybe it had to do with tapping the tempo and then the problem, but it was inconsistent. My program I sent you still does it for me, not sure what Im missing or whats going on. Thanks for follow thru on this, I totally love the H90, its rocking so hard and sounds wonderful. Incredible tracking too. Thank you!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi sukecerulo,

Thanks for sending that Program. I can reproduce the issue. Weird. Now, when I create my own version of your Program on a new INIT Program, putting PolyFlex in A and PitchFlex in B, I get consistent levels. I use the stock “Up P5th Flex” preset just like in your Program. I have no idea why one works and the other doesn’t. All I can recommend to do is create a new version of what you’re trying to do and things should be fine.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.