Popping noise when going between pre and post w/H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Popping noise when going between pre and post w/H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Boynigel
      Participant

i’m using 4CM w/my H9.  as such i have some effects that are designated as pre (in front of the amp) and some that are post (in the amp’s fx loop).  i noticed that when i switch between pre & post effects that there is a “pop” that happens.  this won’t happen if i move from pre to pre, or post to post.  It’s not horrible but i’m wondering if Eventide is aware of this and if it could be resolved w/a future update?

studiodc

Is your unit in DSP bypass mode? I haven’t tried the pre/post routing, but I know that if you use the true bypass mode the relays can cause audble clicks sometimes as they don’t switch at zero crossings.

Boynigel
        Participant
        studiodc wrote:

Is your unit in DSP bypass mode? I haven’t tried the pre/post routing, but I know that if you use the true bypass mode the relays can cause audble clicks sometimes as they don’t switch at zero crossings.

I don’t have access to my H9 right now but my delay and reverb trails spill over when i hit bypass, so i’m assuming i’m set up for DSP bypass.  last i knew, your tails get cut off when using true bypass.

camn
      Participant

I hate it too…but this is normal operation.
      ..and I understand it’s maybe unavoidable, cuz you are flipping relays?

It’s like you are unplugging cables and moving them around.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.