Possibility to morph between presets on Blackhole pedal?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Possibility to morph between presets on Blackhole pedal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      fabeck01
      Participant

Hello,

I’m wondering whether it is possible to morph between presets on the Blackhole pedal using an expression pedal connected to the rear jack?

The description says: “Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal”. The manual says: “An Expression Pedal can be used to change any grouping of knob Parameters in one smooth gesture.”

This is a feature the Meris Mercury 7 pedal offers which I was contemplating buying … until I just saw the new Blackhole pedal. 🙂

Thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      fabeck01 wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to morph between presets on the Blackhole pedal using an expression pedal connected to the rear jack?

The description says: "Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal". The manual says: "An Expression Pedal can be used to change any grouping of knob Parameters in one smooth gesture."

This is a feature the Meris Mercury 7 pedal offers which I was contemplating buying … until I just saw the new Blackhole pedal. 🙂

Thanks!

Yes, you can use the expression pedals to morph between 2 sets of different parameters, which are like basically 2 presets

brock
      Participant

If you really want 2-in-1 preset options, you can use an AUX switch.  A latching switch will snap to Toe or Heel ‘presets’ on alternate switch presses.  A momentary switch will, of course, keep the Toe programming for as long as you hold down the switch.  Heel / main preset on release.

Keep the Global setting at EXP, or EXP+AUX.  Program your Heel & Toe extremes as you normally would (but with a switch, not a pedal).  Pseudo-HotSwitch functionality, found in many H9 algorithms.

Now, the true morphing with an expression pedal “in one smooth gesture” … that’s where the real beauty lies here.  Simple MIX adjustments, or bending space & time.  And Lexicon Vortex-style, the cocked throw positions can be as interesting as either extreme.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.