Power Supply issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Power Supply issue

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      vvarvel
      Participant

The power supply that came with the H9 Max must’ve developed a short in the cable–how do I go about getting a replacement?  And I’d like to possibly power it with the power supply for the other pedals on my board, but I can’t find a suitable cable.  I know the H9 Max power in uses a center positive cable, but the adapter I have won’t fit the power jack.  Anyone know a cable/adapter that will work?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi vvarvel,

You may purchase a replacement power supply for your H9 here: https://store.eventideaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/replacement-pedal-power-supply

If you can tell me what model of pedalboard power supply you currently have, I can indicate the appropriate cable to buy so that you can connect to your H9.

vvarvel
      Participant

Hi joecozzi–thanks so much for the quick response.  The power supply is a Mooer Micro Power.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I do not recommend this power supply for the H9, as each outlet only provides 300ma of current per output. The H9 requires a minimum of 9v 500ma. You would have to combine the power of two outlets on you Micro Power and Mooer does not manufacture the cable. You would have to try a cable that combines the current of two outlets like the green adapter here: http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_33&osCsid=ptrom76a5jmurukb6ldhpke4s2

Then, you would need a reverse polarity cable that goes from center negative 2.1 mm to center positive 2.5 mm like this cable: http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_30&osCsid=p1hmh9e590bfue563pfti33bi5

vvarvel
      Participant

Ok, great—thanks for the info!

vvarvel
      Participant

So as it turns out, the problem is the unit itself.  I tried my adapter with a different H9 and it powers up just fine, and his adapter won’t power mine up.  Anything I can look at myself, or do I just return it?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I would contact support@eventide.com to have them troubleshoot the issue. Please provide them with the serial number of the unit and a description of the problem. How long ago did you purchase this unit? If it’s less than a year ago and they determine it’s faulty hardware, Eventide will cover the repair. If not, there will be repair costs. If this was a recent purchase and you’re within your return period, it would be good to have the dealer test this for you and provide an exchange.

vvarvel
      Participant

Ok–I’ll send them a note.  I bought it 2 months ago, so I’ll contact the dealer as well as send a note to support….

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.