power supply questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes power supply questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jrjones

I'm looking for a do-it-all power supply. No, I dont want the cocks 10 or whatever that overpriced piece eventide is pushing really hard. I've heard the CAE MC403 will work, but it only supplies 200mA. Bob said it would work, but I am a little apprehensive.

signal chain is:turbo tuner>tremonti power wah>zvex sho>lovepedals eternity burst>xotic ACplus>Paul C Tim>EB VPjr.>eventide modfactor>eventide timefactor>mxr carbon copy>line6 verbzilla>boss rv5

so I have a lengthy chain, but am curious if there are any supplies out there short of going custom made that will do it all.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

there was a long thread discussing this…..

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/5296.aspx?PageIndex=1

basically you need a power supply that has isolated outlets and can supply 500mA of power per outlet for the Factors.

it needs to be isolated as if you daisychain the power with other effects you get noise.

I ended up buying a few smaller flat power supplies that I can hide in various places under a shelf on the pedal board, then inside a rack when I went rack.

Buying a few of these was WAY cheaper than buying one of the isolated power supllies that will do this

cacibi
      Participant

Gigrig generator with Eveflo adapters will do it.  It's not a cheap way to go – especially after you add in Distributors, other isolated supplies such as Virtual batteries or other voltage options.

I'm currently running:

MC-401 Line Driver>Turbo Tuner>POG2>Maxon CP9 Pro+>Empress Multidrive (@ 18 volts)>Xotic EP Booster>Modfactor>TC Flashback

Everything is on virtual batteries or other isolated supply except the Turbo Tuner and EP Booster – for which I will be getting another 18 volt Doubler from Gigrig.

This system has a lot of advantages to me, including that it is modular, can be purchased in pieces as funds allow and most of the pieces can be secured easily with just velcro under my Pedaltrain.  It puts out plenty of juice (5 amps) is dual voltage and has a self healing fuse.

Certainly not in everyone's budget but – like I said, you can start out with the basics and add in pieces such as virtual batteries over time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.