Powerfactor 2 and the GigRig G2

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Powerfactor 2 and the GigRig G2

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      VmusicV

Hi,

I’m interested in the Powerfactor 2 because I just bought a Temple Audio pedal board, and it’s designed to work nicely with that board………….however………. I have a GigRig G2, which per the manual requires 9v DC@500mA [page 35].

Has anyone used a Powerfactor 2 to power a GigRig G2?

Thanks,

Alex

camn
      Participant

It looks to me like you would be under-specced with that combo… although it certainly might WORK, and be totally fine.

Alternate suggestions:

The new Truetone CS-6 should DEFINATELY fit under a Templeboard…. if it has enough juice for your setup. 

I (and others) use a CS-7 with my H9, and it is flawless. . . and would PROBABLY be doable on a templboard….but maybe not. 

e.g: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/temple-board-w-truetone-cs-7-power-supply.1893910/

For reference: Heights:

Powerfactor: 1.75″

Cs-6: 1.22″

CS-7: 2″

VmusicV

The CS 12 is just shy of 2″

Tomtama
      Participant

I highly recommend the Strymon Zuma. It fits perfectly under my Temple Audio board and powers high current pedals like my Boss ES-8, two H9s, an Elektron Analog Drive, and several other pedals without breaking a sweat.

VmusicV
        Tomtama wrote:

I highly recommend the Strymon Zuma. It fits perfectly under my Temple Audio board and powers high current pedals like my Boss ES-8, two H9s, an Elektron Analog Drive, and several other pedals without breaking a sweat.

Thank You – I love it. Zuma provides 500mA, which the GigRig G2 requires, so it should work. I saw Styrmon came out with a Zuma low profile, but sadly it less power outputs.

Out of curiosity, how did you mount the Zuma under the board, did you mount it using the plates they have for the pedals? ….OR….. did you use something else like QuickLock or Velcro?

Thanks!

Tomtama
        Participant
        VmusicV wrote:

Tomtama wrote:

Thank You – I love it. Zuma provides 500mA, which the GigRig G2 requires, so it should work. I saw Styrmon came out with a Zuma low profile, but sadly it less power outputs.

Out of curiosity, how did you mount the Zuma under the board, did you mount it using the plates they have for the pedals? ….OR….. did you use something else like QuickLock or Velcro?

Thanks!

I used one medium Temple quick mount plate to mount it under the board. 

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Tomtama wrote:

Zuma was good, but now I would recommend our new PowerMax. It has larger current and flexible voltage options, and it's less expensive. 

Tomtama
      Participant

That looks like a very nice power supply. If the OP can wait until April it looks like a great choice.

VmusicV

Too few outlets…….. but it does have some nice features 1) slim profile which is needed for Temple Audio Boards 2) USB connector 3) pass through AC outlet – but wait until April, really?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.