Powering timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Powering timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      ikebrown

Is there any way to power the Time factor without the plug….i have a Furman spb-8 pedal board that powers my standard 9v pedals? is there any kind of attachment?

thanksSmile

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure what you mean by "the plug." My best guess is that you are referring to the attractive and compact wall-wart that ships with the unit.

If this is the case, I must give you the official view that we don't recommend operating the unit with other power supplies (with a couple of exceptions). Please see other threads on this forum where our users discuss this subject at great length.

ikebrown

Whats the exceptions? thank for the reply

machin3god
      Participant

You can always email Furman and see if it's even possible to power an Eventide box out of those 9 v plugs, maybe by using some special power doubling Y cable. Timefactor is pretty demanding powerwise, people complain of units failing to start up or that the delay doesn't sound as good when underpowered. Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 can handle 1 eventide box using a Y cable. That seems to be the official answer around. T-Rex has a power supply that works too.

The adapter works perfectly. Use that. Cool

achaput

Eventide now offers a compact, quality regulated linear power supply which is
      capable of powering up to 3 Eventide stompboxes plus up to 4 additional
      9VDC/100mA pedals. It carries a 5 year warranty from the
      manufacturer (Cioks.com) and with the additional cables required to
      power 3 Eventide stompboxes and the special mounting plate for
      PedalTrain pedalboards.

Check it out here:

http://eventidestore.com/cidcacliposu.html

Reckedtrek

Great news! I've been planning on getting one of these, and now that they are available from a US company I think I'm about to grab one up!

Negher

This is a great news.

Thanks very much.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

nickrose:

My best guess is that you are referring to the attractive and compact wall-wart that ships with the unit.

LOL Big Smile

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

YAY!!! great news!!

groove guru

I just want to chime in and let you know that I have a CIOKS DC-10 powering two factor pedals and a Musicom Lab EFX MkII switcher along with other pedals.  It's a very nice, well built supply.  It has a lower profile than my PP2+ and is a bit heavier. I paid $200 us for it, there are currently very few dealers but that will change soon to add a little competition.  

thom
      Participant

groove guru:

there are currently very few dealers………….  

There appear to be approximately no dealers in the UK, unless anyone knows differently?

rmaxwell

We have a small number of them in our store with the two extra cables so that you can run a total of 3 Eventide stompboxes plus 4 100mA/9V pedals.

http://eventidestore.com/cidcacliposu.html

Cheers!

Reckedtrek

Just ordered one direct from Eventide! I can't wait to get this Power Supply!  I was unemployed for over a year and had to hold off on buying one, but I started a new job a few weeks ago and this is a celebration present to myself. This looks like the power supply users of multiple factor pedals have been waiting for. Big Smile

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.