Powermax compatibility with BOSS MS-3 Switchter

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Powermax compatibility with BOSS MS-3 Switchter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      joseines

Hi!, I just purchased the Powermax and hope someone can help me to tell if its ok to connect the BOSS MS-3 with the powermax.

it looks like he BOSS MS-3 takes in 9V with .5A and the powermax can supply 9DC 660ma. Can it damage the BOSS unit if supplies more ampers ?

Thank you.

joseines

I got my answer from a website

Amperage

USB ChargerMany people are confused by amperage ratings and what they mean when it comes to power supplies and replacements.

The amperage rating is the maximum amount of power it can supply.

One way to look at it is as if amperage were “taken” (often referred to as “drawn”, as in pulling) by the device being powered. That device will only draw as much amperage as it needs to perform whatever it’s doing. Your computer will use more power, in the form of higher amperage draw, when it’s working hard than when it’s not. (Voltage remains the same regardless.)

Thus, as long as you replace your power supply with one capable of providing as much or more amps than the previous supply, you’ll be fine.

If for some reason your replacement power supply has a lower-than-required maximum amperage rating, you may end up with a burnt out or overheating power supply, and the device itself may not function.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      joseines wrote:

Hi!, I just purchased the Powermax and hope someone can help me to tell if its ok to connect the BOSS MS-3 with the powermax.

it looks like the BOSS MS-3 takes in 9V with .5A and the powermax can supply 9DC 660ma. Can it damage the BOSS unit if supplies more ampers ?

No. It will work well with your Boss MS-3

joseines

Thank you !

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.