Pre / Post Routing and Looper

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pre / Post Routing and Looper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Vaidas

Apparently, Pre/Post routing option doesn’t work with looper.

Is that right, or am I doing something wrong? I’m trying it out on Timefactor. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to ask, but in what way does it not work ?

1) What are you doing ?

2) What happens ?

3) What did you expect to happen ?

brock
      Participant

I wouldn’t think that Pre-Post would be an available option, due to its internal routing:

Looper Instructions for H9 And TimeFactor wrote:
      If your Eventide Stompbox is connected to a stereo source, the inputs are automatically summed and the sum is the Looper’s input. The Looper’s output drives both outputs identically.

Vaidas

My first post seems to be too laconic. Suppose I want to set up a spacey reverb pedal that could function before or after TF. I connect the cables and start it up.

Pre/Post global setting works fine for usual TF delays. I could set TF for Pre and get the reverb going just for the delay trails from TF. But then I switch to TF looper and record a dry phrase.

Now, unlike with the delay trails, I can’t add any reverb to the loop anymore. As brock mentioned, I suspect it’s because the inputs are summed to mono.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We have looked into this, and it seems to work as expected.

The one issue that might trip you up is that if you are not in PRESET mode, you cannot change the PRE/POST settings. This is because of the way that LOOPER "captures" the foot switches, so the normal press and hold does not work.

The mono mix would not be an issue as this is a function of the effect, while PRE/POST is more of a global routing mode.

camn
      Participant

If it helps- on my H9 I have pre/post with the looper, and it works totally normal.

I just tested it out.

Vaidas

Thanks for all the replies! You are totally right. Pre/Post doesn’t work if Looper is NOT engaged through Preset Mode (and not setup in advance by H9 app).

Which is a pity. I usually just jump to Looper with the Encoder knob. I understand that the problem lies with the mechanics of how Pre/Post switching works – you have to press and hold the Left Footswitch and in Looper’s case it’s reserved for Record function.

By the way, all the regular delays still can be routed Pre or Post without Presets. I wish Eventide would consider “Presetless” Pre/Post routing for Looper for the next update.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.