pre/post switch via MIDI?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes pre/post switch via MIDI?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      JES
      Participant

Greetings.  Is there a way to assign a MIDI CC or external switch to pre-post on the H9?  I know it can be done per preset via the app, but I’m trying to work with a tabletop pedals setup and no touchscreens.  The “hold left pedal and click till you get the option” is ok, but a little finicky.  Otherwise, really loving the interface implementation on the pedal.  Now that I’m not hunched over, I’m able to do a lot more right on it.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      JES wrote:

Greetings.  Is there a way to assign a MIDI CC or external switch to pre-post on the H9?  I know it can be done per preset via the app, but I'm trying to work with a tabletop pedals setup and no touchscreens.  The "hold left pedal and click till you get the option" is ok, but a little finicky.  Otherwise, really loving the interface implementation on the pedal.  Now that I'm not hunched over, I'm able to do a lot more right on it.

What do you mean by "hold left pedal and click till you get the option"

You may use MIDI or aux switch to switch presets. That way you can change presets easily with different Pre/Post settings

JES
      Participant

Thanks, but I’m trying to do something different. I’m using the H9 with two loopers.  Sometimes I want it before the first looper and sometimes I want it after the first looper.  The work is improvisation-based and so I’m not working with a set of pre-fab presets.  I’m editing on the pedal.

If I hold down the left foot switch and click the encoder, I get a number of parameters I can edit per present (inswell, outswell, etc) including pre/post.  This is documented in both the manual and Eventide’s instructional video for pre-post mode.  

Those parameters are in the H9 app, but they are not in the menu for assigning CC messages.

Are they MIDI-addressable at all, and if so, what MIDI message do I need to send?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      JES wrote:

I'm using the H9 with two loopers. Sometimes I want it before the first looper and sometimes I want it after the first looper. The work is improvisation-based and so I'm not working with a set of pre-fab presets. I'm editing on the pedal.

Those parameters are in the H9 app, but they are not in the menu for assigning CC messages. Are they MIDI-addressable at all?

Sorry, the Pre/Post setting is not assignable to MIDI CC messages.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.