Pre/Post with 2 H9s and one amp fx loop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pre/Post with 2 H9s and one amp fx loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not quite sure what you mean. If you are thinking of having 2 (PRE) in series  before the amp, and 2 (POST) in series in the effect loop, that will be no problem.

There might be some issues with a parallel effects loop, but that is the nature of such things when used with moere than one effect.

timmyo

I told you I was confused 😉

What I’m wondering is, can you hook up a pair of H9s in to an amps series FX loop and have (say) H9#1’s patch tell it to be pre, and H9#2’s patch tell *it* to be post  ?

timmyo

Hi there,

I’ve got myself a bit confused about this, (and I’m having to theorise as my H9s have been delayed from my supplier – doh)

I have seen that it is possible to set up an H9 so that it is pre/post the amps front end on a per-patch basis.

Is it at all possible to connect things so that each of 2 H9s works that way? Or not?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We're all confused …

But, the answer to your question is – YES.

You have to tell the unit if you want to be in PRE/POST mode, but after that, you can set PRE or POST on a preset by preset basis.

timmyo

Yes sorry I know I’m not explaining it very well. 

How would the connections go then for the 2 units? I’ve seen the onstructions for getting 1 H9 in to a loop so it can be selected pre/post but what connects to where when there are 2 H9s in play? 

thanks for your patience

Tim 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think you would connect channel 1 in series (second input 1 to first output 1), and channel 2 in series (second input 2 to first output 2).

timmyo

Brilliant, thank you

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.