Pre-Purchase Pitchfactor Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pre-Purchase Pitchfactor Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I want to increment/decrement a pitch voice in small amounts (say five or ten cents at a time),

with a MIN/MAX range of +/-200 cents. Like MicroPitch but a greater range than +/- 50 cents.

I want to do this with CC messages. The user guide says "Midi CC values between 0 and 127

are mapped to the selected range". Will the pitch voice be mapped as I have described above,

and which effects/algorithms will allow this? If Pitchfactor can't do this, is there another Eventide

product that can? Thanks,

-Bruce

brock
      Participant

For that kind of effect, I would focus on the H910/H949 mode in the Pitchfactor.  Change the Scale / Speed knob to Normal for the finest incremental changes and the largest overall range.  (Or to Micro if an overall range of approximately +/- 100 cents would be sufficient).

Target the Pitch A and/or Pitch B knobs over MIDI [KB2KB3].  Set your MIN VAL to 0.800 and your MAX VAL to 1.200 in the PitchFactor, or set the limits externally in the MIDI transmitting device.  Set the Key/Depth knob to MODERN for the most accurate output.

In the MicroPitch mode, it's possible to stretch the maximum detuning range to +/- 100 cents.   "Latch" the Flex button physically, with a 'dummy' AUX SWITCH plug, or assigned over MIDI to an 'on' state.  The values set in the Pitch A / Pitch B knobs are doubled.

Thank you brock! That is the kind of answer I was hoping for. Now I can justify spending the $$.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.