Preset changing with a boss es-8 usind midi comands

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Preset changing with a boss es-8 usind midi comands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have an h9 max and want to buy pedal switcher. I’m considerind the boss es-8 because of the midi capability. I’m wondering if I’ll be able to make presets on the switcher that recall presets on the h9 so that I can change presets on the H9 when I select a preset on the switcher.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Ramil7rodriguez wrote:
      I have an h9 max and want to buy pedal switcher. I'm considerind the boss es-8 because of the midi capability. I'm wondering if I'll be able to make presets on the switcher that recall presets on the h9 so that I can change presets on the H9 when I select a preset on the switcher.

Of course you can. What you need to do is to assign MIDI PC numbers to the presets on the switcher. So you can recall any presets (1-99) on the H9. 

Thanks. I need just received the H9 and I want to buy the switcher and wanted to make sure before I buy it. I’ll orther it today then. Thanks again.

bansta
      Participant

I use a Boss ES5 (a little brother of the Boss ES8) to control 2 x H9. It works fabulous!  Even a volume pedal is connected to the Boss ES5 and sends MIDI CC to the H9, so that I don’t need to have it in the signal path. BPMs settings and the amp channel switching are controlled by BOSS ES 5 es well.

Ramil7rodriguez wrote:
      I have an h9 max and want to buy pedal switcher. I’m considerind the boss es-8 because of the midi capability. I’m wondering if I’ll be able to make presets on the switcher that recall presets on the h9 so that I can change presets on the H9 when I select a preset on the switcher.

nene
      Participant

Can a es-5/es-8 store the selected H9 also in its patch memory?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        nene wrote:

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking the same question as the original poster's?

bansta
        Participant

Hey, the H9-Patches remains stored on H9, but you can save in every patch on ES5/ES8 up to 8 MIDI commands to select a needed patch on H9.

nene wrote:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.