Preset design

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Preset design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      razo1

Hi,

There is a preset called Fairytale in the Matthias Adloff Demo at the end. Is this available for the Orville? If not, could you comment on how it is built up?

Thanks Razo

IDeangelis

Hi Razo

what Mathias calls "Fairytale" is my preset YOUR HARMONY DEVICE (#33 in Bank 7 Delays – Loops)…and yes, it's available on the Orville.

I created this very preset in Copenhagen, while working on a recording at the Rytmisk Musikkonservatorium (http://www.rmc.dk/) in 2000.

The project was about post processing of acoustic sources. We used vocals, sax, upright bass, drums and electric gtr. One morning the singer came in for rehearsals and while sipping our coffee…she played a beautiful chord progression on a piano in the recording room. My ears were just "taken" by that beautiful harmony and I thought it would have been very cool if she could have a choir singing those chords, letting her improvise on the top of them….

We had no choir…but my Orville was there! Grabbed my laptop and created this mighty preset you won't find in any fx processor around. The structure is:

10 seconds loop > 3 voice pitch shifter > autopanner > reverb

the idea was to create a table of pitch values to build chords out of the loop. If you check the SHIFT menupage you'll find the STEP# parameter with 24 values. Each one allows you to change each pitch shifter voice delay AND tuning. The tuning reference is related to the looped note.

Basically if you loop a C note (monophonic!), you'll get the chords you'll see in that menu…stepping thru the 24 tweaks (steps!). We recorded a beautiful tune with this preset…so I thought it should live forever in the mighty Orville and the bigger brothers H7600 and H8000/A/FW.

Matthias version might just be a different tweak of the chords…but it actually doesn't sound like that to me.

Enjoy this harmonic tool!

I

razo1

Thanks, How do I make the loop to record?

Razo

IDeangelis

"Your Harmony Device"  has 2 external controls patched to input level and loop feedback (this last is very useful to fade the loop out). You'll find these 2 controls under the LOOP menupage, as ext_door setup & ext_fback setup. These 2 parameters are patched to assign 1 and 2. Refer to the manual on how to patch external controllers to assigns.

One more feature are the 2 softkeys labeled <CHORD> and <DA CAPO> (=from the top). They allow to step thru the chords and to reset the progression to the first chord step….and guess what? If you look into the <shift menupage you'll find that both keys are also patched to external controllers, using tip and ring 2, a simple double footswitch connected to PEDAL 2 on the rear panel.

The preset is fully remote_controllable.

best

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.