Pro Tools is unable to launch with Anthology II on a Mac OS 10.6.4 and a Protools 8.1

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Pro Tools is unable to launch with Anthology II on a Mac OS 10.6.4 and a Protools 8.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      recordia
      Participant

Hi,

I just installed the Anthology II on my mac with Mac OS 10.6.4 and Protools 8.1. When I try to start the PT application I get an alert window that says "Contact the developer…etc" and the program doesn't start. I have already downloaded the latest iLok drivers from http://paceap.com/download.html and installed it but it doesn't work – Help! I'm in a trouble and need my system up and running!
      (I have already over 200 plug-ins and have no problem with the rest.)

Best

Fredrik

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Fredrik,

This is a combination which should work fine, though you may need to reinstall the plug-ins.  What you should do is:

1. delete all the eventide plug-ins from your plug-ins folder.

2. Make sure your pro tools boots.  (this will both make sure that the Eventide plug-ins are indeed the source of the problem and clear the eventide plug-ins from the plug-in cache)

3. Download the newest Anthology II installer for PT7x8x from eventide.com and install the plug-ins.

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know and we'll dig a little deeper, but I'm quite certain that it should.

Thanks,

Dan

recordia
      Participant

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your fast reply!

I've tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. I've tried to temp move all the plug-ins to a new folder. I've also used the "ProTools Pref and Database Helper" to clean up from all the preference files. 

We have a very large Protools system that worked perfectly before we installed the Anthology II. Our Studio One has been down for two days now and it's very serious.

What is this?

Best regards

Fredrik

cmead626
      Participant

Hello Fredrick, There is some important information missing from your post. How did you get to 10.6.4? Meaning were you on 10.5.8 and upgraded? Or did you do a fresh install of 10.6.X with the 10.6.4 combo update from Apples site? Did you upgrade your OS while PTs was installed? I certainly don't mean to ask annoying questions, but this is very important. I also have a very large PTs HD setup I have the Anthology 2 working perfectly on 10.6.4 with PTs 8.1. Here's how I did my install:

I did a fresh install of 10.6, immediately did the combo update to 10.6.4 here: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1049. Then installed PTs 8.0, then did the 8.1 update. After that I installed all of the latest versions of my plugs. Everything Avid makes, all the SPL Stuff, All of the Brainworx, Anthology 2, all Toontrack, all Izotope, all Gforce, etc. Too much to remember.  

If I was in your situation I would do a safe uninstall of PTs(so you can keep your plug in installs to save time), back up anything on the OS drive to be safe, install the 10.6.4 Combo update from Apple site that I listed above, install PTs 8.0, then the 8.1 update. The combo update won't overwrite your files, but fill in the blanks, but back up important stuff anyway.

recordia
      Participant

Hi cmead626,

Thanks for your suggestion, I think that would do!

We have large productions booked so I took no chances and installed our computer in Studio One from the beginning. After I installed PT 8.0, I installed Anthology II and directly after having checked that everything was rolling fine with it I installed PT 8.1 and then I restored the rest of the entire installation. Now the system is up and running again and everything seems to work fine!

Strange – or maybe not…

All the best

Fredrik

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Recordia,

Are you saying that you found you needed to install Anthology II before upgrading to PT8.1?  If so I'll look into this so that it doesn't cause problems for any other users.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.