Problem connecting multiple H9’s via bluetooth to Ipad

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem connecting multiple H9’s via bluetooth to Ipad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      fun police
      Participant

Hi,

I run 3 H9 pedals, slowly built up from the first purchase about 18 months ago. These are the only effects pedals on my boards and I couldn’t be happier!

I used to program them using an old Ipad 1 (thankfully, this is still functioning with the current H9 control ap). I recently purchased an Ipad Mini running current IoS 9.3.2 and this is where the problem starts. To my dismay, I can only connect 1 of my pedals at a time! Yes, the login passwords are all correct – as I can log into any of the three pedals, but if one is logged in I can’t add another one as a Bluetooth device. The blue “connect” led flashes for a brief seconds but doesn’t stay connected.

Any ideas?

gkellum
      Participant

Unfortunately, there is a known issue with some of Apple's recent iPads where they won't pair with more than 1 or maybe 2 Bluetooth devices at a time.  There's a long thread about this problem here: 

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/bluetooth-issue-2-h9s-simultaneously

I don't have anything new to add to what's already been said in that thread.  We registered a bug report with Apple and sent them Bluetooth diagnostic logs as well as three H9s to test with.  They made a change in iOS 8 that fixed the problem for some people, but other people are still having the same problem.  

fun police
      Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply (sorry I didn’t see this older thread). Happy for you to merge this with the existing thread.

Also, I think my Ipad is AIR (not MINI). I’m really glad I didn’t get rid of my old dinasaur Ipad 1 now – as it still connects to all three pedals flawlessly!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.