Problem installing firmware h90

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem installing firmware h90

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      bob32069
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hello, I did a search for this and didn’t find anything. I just updated H90 Control to version 1.7etc and proceeded to download the new firmware. I pressed Install and a window comes up saying “Installing Updates…Waiting for H90 mount”. It has been doing this for over 20 minutes so clearly something is wrong. Does anyone have any advice? USB seems to be working since the H90 appeared as a connected device in H90 Control. I am using Mac OS Ventura 13.5.</p>
      Thank  you

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      bob32069
      Participant

Problem is solved. I am just going to post here what happened in case anyone else has this issue..

I had to do a factory reset of the device and then it allowed the firmware to download and transfer from the computer to the H90. However, during the firmware update process (firmware transfer to device from my computer), it said that 2 files were not updated or something to that effect. When I turned on the H90 pedal it got stuck in the boot up process and there was a line at the bottom of the device screen saying “E2:/install/myserialnumber-h90-1.6.11.6.bam bad file…”. I don’t know if it said anything after “file” because there is not enough room on the screen. Also every light got lit up on the pedal and stayed lit. I tried to perform a factory reset but still would get the same message and situation. H90 Control also would not recognize that my device was connected. Tried the factory reset a couple of times and same result. So at this point I was fearing that I had $900 brick with Xmas lights. Next I went back to H90 control and clicked on the sandwich menu icon and selected “H90 Recovery”. It told me to enter recovery mode by booting up the pedal while holding down the Select, Perform, and Quick Knob 1 buttons simultaneously. I did this and the H90 screen booted up in recovery mode. The screen said H90 Recovery v1.01. It just sat there doing nothing. I went back to H90 Control and my device seemed to be recognized and I re-installed the firmware. Again nothing happened so I did the firmware installation again, and this time it took. Everything is back to being functional. Not sure why this was such an arduous process with mutliple attempts for the download to get into the device correctly but after changing my pants I am happy again.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry for the update issues you were having and glad to hear that you were able to resolve this.

To clarify for other users, it is not necessary or recommended to factory reset your H90 if you are having update issues. If the initial update fails, you can use Recovery Mode to try the update again. Instructions can be found here: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.1/content/appendix/startup.html#recovery-mode

If you still cannot update using Recovery Mode, contact support@eventide.com.

Yorke2112
      Participant

Ya, this just happened to me, this really should not be happening for something that costs this much money.

Yorke2112
      Participant

I tried Recovery, When I clicked on Recovery in the App, it says error opening midi port, then gives me instructions to do what I just did. Very disappointing.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Are you running a DAW or another application that uses MIDI? That may be why you are seeing that error message.

Are you using Mac or Windows?

yanbak
      Participant

I semm to be in the same position. Stuck in “Waiting for H90 mount”, recovery Mode doesn’t help so far, tried 10 Times already.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I see you have submitted a support ticket, we can help you troubleshoot this there.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.