problem updating a timfactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes problem updating a timfactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      ek

hi,

i have a time factor with the version 3 on it.. i would like to update it. the time factor is recognized by my Macbook pro, so the connection is there.

but the "eventide direct updater" just don´t opens..

i´m using 10.10.2, and i downloaded the version for yosemite.

when i try to launch the app, it appears in the dock but it does not open..

what can i do?

thanks! ek

gkellum
      Participant

We've heard from about 4 – 5 people who've had this same problem, and unfortunately, we haven't yet been able to figure out what's causing it.  It only affects some Yosemite users, and we haven't been able to reproduce it on any of the Yosemite computers we have in the office.  Could you send an email to support@eventide.com about this and let us know what other computers (if any) you have access to? We might have to see if we can get another updating application to work for you.

dylannau

I am also encountering this exact problem. Yosemite 10.10.3.  Eventide Direct Updater just will not open, it bounces up and down for a while then sits there and is not responding.  I have access to o 1 other computer on just my local home network. Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

We still don't know exactly why some users are having trouble using the Eventide Direct Updater on Yosemite, but here's a new build you could try that has some changes that potentially might help:

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/EventideDirectUpdater-1.5.4-osx-installer.dmg

dsiverns

Same problem, tried two different macs runing 10.10.3. The updater just bounces until it stops responding and it can’t be opened. It’s strange that if I want to keep my pedal updated I’d have to keep my computer behind…

gkellum
      Participant

Same problem, tried two different macs runing 10.10.3. The updater just bounces until it stops responding and it can't be opened.

And you saw that problem using the installer I linked to in the post above yours?

If you press CMD space to open Spotlight and type in Console to open the Console app, is there any useful information in the system log about why the app isn’t launching?

verstaerker
      Participant

my direct updater is starting but never ends searching for eventide devices

i’m also on 10.10.3 and have a timefactor and a modfactor

H9 control sees these devices

verstaerker
      Participant

after disconnecting all other USB and thunderbolt devices it works

gkellum
      Participant

I have a new build of the Eventide Direct Updater for you all to try.  I came across a post from a developer who ran into a similar problem with some of his users not able to launch his app on Yosemite, and it was related to what architectures he enabled in his app (32 bit, 64 bit, etc).  I noticed that those settings in the Eventide Direct Updater were different than what we’re using for H9 Control.  So, I made them the same as H9 Control.  Maybe, that will do it?

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/EventideDirectUpdater-1.5.5-osx-installer.dmg

AlexandervdK
      Participant

Hi!

I have the same problem. The latest version of the updater you posted doesn’t seem to be working either. 

The Logo just keeps on bouncing up and down in my dock and never opens.

I only have one macbook i can use, so please help me find a solution!

Thanks! Alex 

frabo
      Participant

hey gkellum,

now I have a new problem. I tryed your new build under osx 10.9.5, it works. 

I tryed to update, the timefactor  starts to erase, but after a while it says ” Bad !!!” in the display and switched back to “ready..” 

and now,…. updater shows me a “-invadid” device !

The old updater shows me “unit in update mode – version unavailable! 

“Ready for update, “

But I have no available updates in the list !

what does this mean ..? 

Now my system of the timefactor is broken, it start only in update mode… 

I feel really,   :-(( 

gkellum
      Participant

I have the same problem. The latest version of the updater you posted doesn't seem to be working either.

The Logo just keeps on bouncing up and down in my dock and never opens.

I only have one macbook i can use, so please help me find a solution!

AlexandervdK, I apologize for not responding to your post earlier. It's been in the back of my mind to do so, but I was tied up with other things last week. I'm sorry to hear that the latest build didn't fix the Yosemite problem; I was optimistic it would. Could you do me a favor, and open the Terminal application. It's under Applications/Utilities, and then, copy and paste the following commands into the terminal? This first one will try to launch the updater. Does it launch this way and if not does it print anything to the terminal? /Applications/Eventide Direct Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Eventide Direct Updater These commands will describe the permissions that the app was installed with. Do you think you could either copy and paste their output back to this forum post or email them to me at my username plus @eventide.com? ls -la /Applications | grep Eventide Direct Updater ls -la /Applications/Eventide Direct Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/

gkellum
      Participant

now I have a new problem. I tryed your new build under osx 10.9.5, it works.

I tryed to update, the timefactor starts to erase, but after a while it says " Bad !!!" in the display and switched back to "ready.."

and now,…. updater shows me a "-invadid" device !

frabo, what that means is that the updater was trying to send a chunk of the update file to the stompbox, and the stompbox rejected what it received as being invalidly formatted. Sometimes, this can mean that there was a transmission error, and if you try again, it will work the next time. In your case unfortunately it's not showing you the updates anymore so you can't just try again. We'll need to email you the update file. So, could you copy and paste your forum post into an email to support@eventide.com? In this email it would be helpful if you could let us know if you have a Windows computer as well. If so, we might want to send you not only the update file but also an alternative Windows based updater.

frabo
      Participant

hi gkellum,

yes thanks, I already tryed the windows updater, and it’s working. 

But as an accident I holded down the left switch and power on the timefactor, and the timefactor starts into a service/diagnostic mode. I abort this, but is there something, what can help, if I have trouble with the unit ?

Because my timefactor did not stored the global settings since version 5. I already have a RMA number, but I really dont like to send the timefactor from germany if I not have to. 

best reg

frank

gkellum
      Participant

my timefactor did not stored the global settings since version 5

This is getting a little bit off topic from the original topic off this thread, which was updating problems on Mac OS X 10.10, i.e. Yosemite. So, I sent you an email about this problem to the email address tied to your Eventide account.

I’ve tried the builds of Direct Updater posted on this thread, plus downloading the latest H9 control and Direct Updater. Nothing. Icon just bounces in the dock and won’t open.

This is a brand new TimeFactor with 3.5.0(4). I obviously need to get it updated to use it with H9 control. Please advise. Thanks.

gkellum
      Participant

I've tried the builds of Direct Updater posted on this thread, plus downloading the latest H9 control and Direct Updater. Nothing. Icon just bounces in the dock and won't open.

We sent someone a new build of the Direct Updater on Friday. We should hear back on Monday whether it worked for them. If so, we’ll share it with everyone else this coming week.

Did this get resolved? I’m still in a holding pattern. 

gkellum
        Participant
        jgrantreynolds wrote:

Did this get resolved? I'm still in a holding pattern. 

Well, we did hear back from them, and unfortunately, the new build didn't work for them either.  BUT I finally found someone at Eventide at the end of last week who has a Mac with Yosemite on it that shows this problem.  I did some testing last week and narrowed down the source of the problem, and I think I'm going to be able to figure this out and solve the problem this coming week.  I'll post back here when there are new builds.

gkellum
        Participant
        jgrantreynolds wrote:

Did this get resolved? I'm still in a holding pattern. 

Ok, here's a new build of the Eventide Direct Updater that should fix the problem with it not launching on some Yosemite computers:

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/EventideDirectUpdater-1.6.3-osx-installer.dmg

This new build fixed the problem on my colleague's Yosemite machine, and it should fix the problem for all of you as well. Please try it out and let me know if it fixes the problem for you.  If it does, we'll replace the builds on the Support / Download page with the new version.

Morax
        gkellum wrote:

jgrantreynolds wrote:

Did this get resolved? I’m still in a holding pattern. 

Ok, here’s a new build of the Eventide Direct Updater that should fix the problem with it not launching on some Yosemite computers:

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/EventideDirectUpdater-1.6.3-osx-installer.dmg

This new build fixed the problem on my colleague’s Yosemite machine, and it should fix the problem for all of you as well. Please try it out and let me know if it fixes the problem for you.  If it does, we’ll replace the builds on the Support / Download page with the new version.

I was able to open this updater running Yosemite, looks like tis fixes the issue. The link on the downloads page was giving me the same issues described in the original post.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.