problem updating h9 from 5.4.1 to 5.8.5

Home Forums Products Stompboxes problem updating h9 from 5.4.1 to 5.8.5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      pete100199

Problem updating H9 5.4.1 to 5.8.5 and i get a “bad” message on the unit.  i’ve tried bluetooth from 2 different devices and usb straight to mac.  I read that if the unit takes 10 seconds to power up there are alternative directions to install update.  Can anybody help?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      pete100199 wrote:

Problem updating H9 5.4.1 to 5.8.5 and i get a “bad” message on the unit.  i’ve tried bluetooth from 2 different devices and usb straight to mac.  I read that if the unit takes 10 seconds to power up there are alternative directions to install update.  Can anybody help?

Could you try updating your H9 using the Direct Updater via USB? I's bundled with the H9 Control app. You can find it in H9 Control by clicking "Window" -> "Open Direct Updater" in the menu bar. Note that you would need to power on the H9 with HOTKNOB pressed to boot into the UPDATE mode to do the update.

pete100199

tried to update with direct installer now h9 just reads “update” and does not function

pete100199

i tried that as well.  is there a direct file i can uplaod through direct uploader? very frustrating…

pete100199

i installed the update several times with no success.  The issue now is that the pedal will no longer connect to h9 control.  It’s stuck with the screen reading “Update”, “ready”

I cycled power with hot switch button down and with hot buttom and right footswitch as well.  What should i try next?

pete100199

yes it was fine before the update

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      pete100199 wrote:

tried to update with direct installer now h9 just reads "update" and does not function

So you updated your H9 to the lastest firmware in the Direct Updater? It's worth trying to reinstall the firmware again and reinitialize the unit (powering up with HOTKNOB and the right footswitch pressed and held)

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      pete100199 wrote:

i tried that as well.  is there a direct file i can uplaod through direct uploader? very frustrating…

Was your H9 fine before the update?

You don't need an update file. You can just select a version in the Direct Updater and click "Install Update".

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      pete100199 wrote:

i installed the update several times with no success.  The issue now is that the pedal will no longer connect to h9 control.  It's stuck with the screen reading "Update", "ready"

I cycled power with hot switch button down and with hot buttom and right footswitch as well.  What should i try next?

If reinstalling firmware in the Direct Updater and initializing the unit doesn't work, email support@eventide.com

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.