Problem when using H9 with Line 6 Helix

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem when using H9 with Line 6 Helix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Tim

For obvious reasosn, I am not familiar with the Line6 Helix, so hopefully you will forgive my ignorance.

But, what do you mean by a "patch cable" ?

How is it connected, and what is its purpose ?

timfleur1987

Hi Nick,

I have the Helix and H9 connected by a regular midi cable. Purpose is that I want to use the helix to control the H9 – send program changes, activate, parameters, et cetera and integrate this in the Helix as such. 

So, I connect it via midi – much like this guy ( ) – and connect the H9 to one of the FX loops on the helix. However, as soon as I connect the 6.3 monojack cables from the Helix send 1 to the H9’s mono in, the H9 stops listening to program changes. 

Does that clarify my issue?

timfleur1987

Hi all,

I have a very strange issue with controlling my Eventide H9 with my Line 6 Helix. Everything is set-up properly in both the H9 Control app and on the Helix; as long as there is just a midi cable connecting both devices, I can give all the messages required.

However, the moment I connect a patch cable from the H9 to the Helix, the H9 stops following  Midi commands sent by the Helix. Take the cable out, and it starts working again.

I have ruled out groundloops – tried insulated power supplies, other wallwarts, et cetera – or other such matters, and am truly lost at what to truy next. Did any of you encounter this and have any idea what could cause this behavior?

Best,

Tim 

camn
      Participant

Is this a dynamic thing, or is it the same if you cold boot your Helix and h9 with the cables all already connected?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm thinking that you have a bad cable or a bad socket such that one side of the MIDI is connecting to ground on the H9, and when you connect your jacks, this shorts it out.

First step – try different MIDI cables.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.