Problem with Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller

Home Forums Products Rackmount Problem with Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Not sure if there are any FCB1010 users out there but in case.
      My problem is that I created a really simple FCB1010 patch (using it's software editor). All the patch does is switch my SwitchBlade to program #1. The SwitchBlade is on MIDI channel 5, and the Eventide is on channel 1 (i.e. MIDI device ID set to 1). I do not (purposedly) send any program control or any MIDI info to the H7600, only the SwitchBlade.
      However, and in fact regardless of what device ID I assign to the H7600, this totally simple patch does send some MIDI info to the H7600, resulting in a change of preset to number 12 (Thru).
      I don't understand why. Overall, my 7600 is part of guitar rack MIDI chain that includes the SwitchBlade, and 3 other rack units set to different device ID's. All are connected via MIDI THRU. Is it possible that one of the se units, including the FCB1010 sends some MIDI message to all device ID's?
      I'm kinda stuck right now, because I can't use the pedal at all to control the H7600.
      Help appreciated. I will also post this on the FCB1010 Yahoo user group, but they have almost no Eventide owners out there.

prot

Hello j20056

I'm using FCB1010 (with Uno firmware and FCB1010 PC Editor http://www.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm) with H7600 and other MIDI devices connected in chain (preamp, cubase remotes, other). I have no problem regarding channel configuration on each device – it works fine and H7600 responds only to its channel messages. But of course it receives whole MIDI stream just reacts to its channel messages and passes thru other .
      However I'm also experiencing this phenomena of H7200 switching randomly to patch 12 (THRU) – it happens very rarely after selecting PROGRAM UP (PROGRAM DOWN from remote does not work at all 🙁 quite irritating for such high end equipment?). "Very rarely" – I mean ~4 times per month maximum, I can live with it, as its in studio, not live in my rig.

If you suspect one of your other devices in chain sends some messages on the H7600 channel – just unplug units one by one and check which of them is faulty.
      And please check with the PC Editor or MidiOx if FCB1010 is relay configured correctly as original Behringer method is quite demanding.

Hope it helps a bit.

Regards,
      prot

J20056
      Participant

I got the program change to work now. However, it always comes with the H7600 also trying to change a setup number, whatever that is. So as I press on the MIDI pedal, the program changes correctly, then an error message displays (Error loading setup 1). The error message goes away, and does nothing, and my program change was still successful. So it sort of works OK, but it points to somehting happening that is not right and that I'd like to fix. Any ideas?

IDeangelis

Hi

the Harmonizer can store SETUPS. I'm afraid you are sending MIDI program changes on multiple channels and the 7600 is set on MIDI OMNI.

Please report what *exactly* is coming out from the pedalboard.

best

J20056
      Participant

The error message is "MIDI : Cannot load setup 0"
      My H7600 MIDI setyp is as follows:

global configure page

MIDI: enabled
      serial: disabled
      MIDI map: Group2 U
      sequence out: off
      system exclusive: on
      device ID: 1

MIDI setup page

MIDI: enabled
      base channel: 3
      omni mode: off
      note mode: mono
      pressure: channel
      pitch bend: 0
      sysex speed: 10
      midiclk out: off

MIDI group setup page

mode: MIDI single
      channel: base + 0
      con: 70
      operation: normal
      group size: 0
      active con: 0

Please let me know if you see anyhting funky.
      Also, would it help if I email you the sysex file?

IDeangelis

My question was…

"Please report what *exactly* is coming out from the pedalboard."

J20056
      Participant

OK. Let's be thorough.
      I have 3 MIDI devices in the chain, the H7600 on channel 3, the SwitchBlade on channel 5, and a Mesa Boogie TriAxis pre-amp on channel 1.

The pedal board sends the following messages to the following devices:

Channel 1 (TriAxis)

* Program change #21

Channel 3 (H7600)

* Program change #2 (which loads preset #1 in my MIDI map user group 2 on the H7600, corresponding to H7600 preset 524 ping-pong)
      * CC#70 value of 126 (which sets m_level to 98%)
      * CC#71 value of 40 (which sets fback level at -20%)

Channel 5 (SwitchBlade)
      * Program change #1

That's about it. The FCB1010 has additonial functionality to set the expression pedals, which I currently use to control volumes and fades on the Switchbalde, but such data is only loaded once in the FCB1010 from the PC Editor, and does not get sent as per above.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.