Problem with EQuvocate Plugin

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Problem with EQuvocate Plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with EQuivocate. The main developer is out on leave at the moment, I'll try to help the best I can until he returns.

First thing I would do is update EQuivocate. You can do this by going to My Account > My Products, and then finding the EQuivocate installer. The EQ Meters are drawn with OpenGL, which the most recent build of EQuivocate has a number of fixes for. You could try toggling the OpenGL button (in the Preset Bar), to see if it solves the problem.

-Tom

wrgkmc
      Participant

Having issues with the GUI of EQuvocate.  I upgraded to win 10 home from win 7 home. The plugin is fully functional but the EQ meters and sliders can be seen.

I do have extnsive ecperience as a professional electronic tech and I’m heavily involved with computing as a business equipment vndor. I did try all the usualy suspects like rolling back video drivers, reinstalling the plugin, even running Sonar X1 in win 7 compatibility mode with no luck.

I would reinstall win 10 from scdratch if i thought that would be a fix. I know the plugin works on my 64 bit pro wind 10 workstation without a problem. I just dont want to spend a month rebuilidnt all the sofware and tweaking it from scratch if  dont have to. I realize win 10 home has limited fonts and colors which may be the problem. I cant see reloading from scratch unless I know it will run on that versions. 

I only found one other plugin out of hundreds made by signaldust that had the same gui issue. The contols have a blank screen but you do see the chrsor change to and arrow where the knobs should be and you do hear the changes iin sound when tweaked. This problem really has me stumped. There must be some code there Win 10, or possibly one of win 10’s latest security updates doesnt like. 

This site wont let me post a photo so I suspect your company has more then one issue you’re dealing with.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hello, Tom is correct that your issue should be partially solved by upgrading to version 1.0.7, which is the current release. There is a bug in some GPUs available on the Windows platform where not all OpenGL function calls exist. Version 1.0.7 of EQuivocate detects this condition and renders the plug-in UI in software rather than on the GPU. Unfortunately, this means that we won’t be able to render the individual band meters when OpenGL is off.

You may also be able to solve this problem by using your graphics driver, but unfortunately many GPUs with this error do not have available updates.

wrgkmc
      Participant

I received this plugin as a free promotional version. Would this upgrade work with my current pace authorization or would I have to buy the plugin to get the upgrade?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        wrgkmc wrote:

I received this plugin as a free promotional version. Would this upgrade work with my current pace authorization or would I have to buy the plugin to get the upgrade?

The update will work with your current authorization, yes – it's a patch release.

wrgkmc
      Participant

I did try the plugin this weekend.

After about 10 seconds the plugin goes from a black screen to fully opening. I can at least see the sliders and maake adjustments with them. Can’t see the corresponding frequency meters however. Unfortunately thse are the what makes this plug in unique. Without them its essentially just a graphic EQ.

It doesnt seem to be that the meteres are simply unviewable either. When I hit Match EQ all the sliders drop to the bottom so it looks like the frequency analyzer portion of the plugin is failing.

DGillespie
        Eventide Staff
        wrgkmc wrote:

I did try the plugin this weekend.

After about 10 seconds the plugin goes from a black screen to fully opening. I can at least see the sliders and maake adjustments with them. Can't see the corresponding frequency meters however. Unfortunately thse are the what makes this plug in unique. Without them its essentially just a graphic EQ.

It doesnt seem to be that the meteres are simply unviewable either. When I hit Match EQ all the sliders drop to the bottom so it looks like the frequency analyzer portion of the plugin is failing.

Hello wrgkmc,

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, the issue with the OpenGL drivers on your machine makes it impossible to draw the UI using OpenGL.  For this reason, it's rendered in software, however, I'm not able to update all those meters in real time using the software renderer.  This means that those meters won't show up on that computer, I'm sorry.

There is still a lot in EQuivocate that differentiates it from other Graphic EQs.  Specifically, the triangular linear-phase filters allow you very fine control over the spectrum, and when combined with the Mel spacing, this creates a very natural sounding EQ.  Additionally, the Match EQ, changable filter locations, and output compensation are very useful features not found on other graphic EQs.

I am sorry we can't get the meters working on your computer, though.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.