Problem With Micro Pitch and Midi

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem With Micro Pitch and Midi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dirtybuck
      Participant

Newbie issue here. I ‘ll try to be brief.

I’m running the Xsonic Airstep Midi controller to my Fractal FM3 then thru to the Morningstar ML5 switcher (for 1 boss pedal) thru to the Micro Pitch with a trs Midi cable. I use the Airstep app to program all this. All I really want to do with the Micro Pitch is be able to program a midi command to just activate the pedal. It should just be a simple program change I would think, and maybe be able to scroll through the presets. I have the FM3 on Midi 1 so I set the Micro Pitch to Midi 2. I’ve tried setting the exp pdl jack to Midi box and Midi trs. In MIdi trs all 5 switches on the Midi controller active the Micro pitch presets. That would actually be great if that was the only pedal I wanted to use with the controller but it’s obviously not. When set to Midi box I can’t get anything to activate on the Micro Pitch. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I realize It could be something involving the Airstep. I’m new to this for the most part although I did get my H9 running with a Midi Moose with no problems. Thanks in advance.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      dirtybuck wrote:
      I have the FM3 on Midi 1 so I set the Micro Pitch to Midi 2.

Did you also program the MicroPitch Delay to work on channel two? It’s not enough to program the Airstep to send on channel 2, but you also have to program the system settings of MicroPitch Delay to receive on channel two. The quick reference guide explains how to do this.

dirtybuck wrote:
      I’ve tried setting the exp pdl jack to Midi box and Midi trs. In MIdi trs all 5 switches on the Midi controller active the Micro pitch presets.

The setting you want to use here is MIDI TRS. I’m assuming you’re using a 5-pin DIN to TRS cable, correct? Also, it seems like your AIRSTEP is sending program changes just fine, but it sounds like the MicroPitch Delay is not programmed to receive only on channel 2 in the system settings. The default is set to “OMNI” which would explain why it also gets changes sent only on channel 1.

If you just want to activate the pedal you can send CC# 14 with a value of zero for Bypass and a value of 64 for Active. If you look at the quick reference manual for MicroPitch, you’ll see a table of all the MIDI commands you can control. Also, you can save presets on MicroPitch Delay so that they recall in a bypassed state. You just have to save the preset that way.

dirtybuck
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I believe I have the Micro Pitch set to Midi 2, A bit confusing in the manual  but I’ll double check. And yes I’m using a 5-pin DIN to MIdi cable. I’ll try the CC changes for bypass and active, that might be just fine for me. Saving the presets so they can be recalled in a bypass state, Is that somewhat easy and explained in the manual as well? Thanks again.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      dirtybuck wrote:
      Saving the presets so they can be recalled in a bypass state, Is that somewhat easy and explained in the manual as well?

All you have to do is go to the preset you want, bypass it and press & hold the Tap LED button. Then press the active LED button to save. Now, anytime you recall that preset it will come up in bypass.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.