Problem with PitchFactor ‘Pitch B’

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem with PitchFactor ‘Pitch B’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      leond

I recently acquired a second hand PitchFactor.  When I first got it, I basically just checked to make sure it would power up and sounds would come out.  And one of the first things I did was load firmware 3.5.0beta[3] on it. Last night, I decided to get into it's functionality.  

That's when I noticed in Diatonic, Pitch B was not functioning correctly.  If I set the Mix to Wet and Pitch Mix to A, Pitch A would product different tones.  But, if I swung Pitch Mix to B, I wouldn't hear anything.  Actually, if I turned Pitch B up to +2 octaves, I could hear a very, very slight/quiet tone (at these settings, Pitch A would be very loud, Pitch B was just about audible).  I could hear where Pitch B would react to the delay and feedback settings.

Next I moved onto Quadravox and the same thing happened.  Pitches A and C worked correctly and pitches B and D behaved like Pitch B in the Diatonic.

Then I went to HarModulator expecting the same thing.  In this mode, both Pitches A and B worked correctly.

I did a factory effects presets and system settings initialize.  That did not change anything.

First I thought I had a hardware issue.  Now I'm thinking it may be a software problem.  So this morning I installed firmware 3.0.0[19].  This appeared to make no difference.  The pedal behaves like it did with the beta firmware installed.

Is there something that I'm missing?  A global setting perhaps?  Or is my pedal defective?

Thanks in advance,

Leon

leond

After posting the above, I tried one other thing.

Initially, I had the output of the PitchFactor coming out of the Output 1 (mono) jack.  I took it out of Output 1 and put my cord into the Output 2 jack.  Once I did that, the Pitch B (or Pitch B and D) worked appropriately.  Pitch A (or Pitch A and C) was not happening.

Do both pitches only work with stereo?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi leond,

This is not normal behavior.  Both pitches should work in Mono.  You are using Input 1(mono), correct?  I can't reproduce this here, so I think there is probably something wrong with that unit.  Contact support@eventide.com

I have the exact same problem, rolling back to earlier versions to see if it fixes it.  In addition to what you described ive noticed that output 2 is quieter than 1 in general.

leond

Sorry for no follow up.  In my case, it was a hardware issue.  There was a problem with one of the input jacks.  I sent it in and had the jack replace.  It' worked fine after that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.