Problem with programming the Expression pedal on TF

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem with programming the Expression pedal on TF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      moleskine

Hello There!

I just got an M-Audio Expression pedal for my TimeFactor and it (the exp. pedal) seems to be working fine.

TimeFactor reckognises it when I rock it heel to toe and values on the display change etc. But when I try to unassign a knob, it doesn't change. I did it the way it's described in the manual – press heel down, turn a knob (let's say the Mix knob) to desired value, press toe down and turn the mix knob to the same value as I did with heel down.

Whatever I do, TF won't reckognise the changes I made. Even if I want to change the sweep from 0%-85% to let's say 2%-10% it's always 0%-85% no matter what changes I do with the knobs to re-program the Exp. pedal.

Any clues how to fix this? Am I doing anything wrong or is it the exp. pedal?

I read that some people use the M-Audio M Gear exp. pedal with succes, but I can't say the same – what use is it if I can't get it to work like I want it to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanx, D.

Entasis
      Participant

I'm sure you've resolved this by now, but I'll post this just so that others don't panic as well…

I bought the M-Audio expression pedal as well and had the exact same problem. I fiddled around with the switch at the bottom (it should be in the 'M-Audio' position), rocked back and forth, and messed around with the potentiometer… this actually made things worse, so I simply unplugged the power from the TF, plugged it back in and that fixed everything. Rebooting is all it takes! I was then able to reassign values and sweep from 0 to 100.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The TF "auto-calibrates" for the pedal, either on powerup, or whenever the pedal is plugged in.

This means that you should power cycle or unplug/replug after making changes to the pedal, and explains what you saw.

moleskine

Hi,

As Entasis already said, I've resolved the issue by now just the way he described, but I forgot to post it since then.. 

Thanx anyway!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.