Problem with ultra tap

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Problem with ultra tap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tahoebrian5

Anytime I'm using the swell feature I do not get any output. If I call up the preset Ultraswell which is 100 percent on wet mix, there is zero signal. I've tried going to other presets, sounds good until I change the parameter to the swell area, than only dry comes through. I've got two h9's that are both updated to the most recent software and they both are doing it. 

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Tahoebrian5,

The Swell feature has some built in sensitivity that you need to adjust depending on your input level.  This is all build into the Chop parameter.  If you turn the Chop knob, you'll see different Swell values 0-9, try some different values other than where the presets are saved.  

What type of input are you using, guitar, bass, keys, etc? 

tahoebrian5

Thanks for the reply, I have tried tweaking the chop parameter.. As soon as it gets out of the swell zone I get wet signal output, nothing on any of the swell settings though. This did make me think though.. I do have the amp turned way down to bedroom volume. Maybe the signal strength coming into the input is too low. I'll try cranking it up in a few and see if it helps

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

The input signal to the H9 is the only one that matters in triggering the Swell, it should be fine for your amp to be at a low volume.  What type of guitar/input are you using?  You might also want to try adjusting the input sensitivity of the H9 higher for quieter guitars like Telecasters.  

bbbobwilson

I have had a similar problem when using the effects loop on a  new Mesa Rectoverb25 at low volumes. The Blackstar I previously had didn't have this issue with the H9. I guess the Mesa's effect loop is a bit "different"…

tahoebrian5

Ok, it does seem to be a volume problem. I turned up the amp (which affects the loop send level to the h9) and was able to get some signal out. The input meter on the h9 is showing about 50% now. It still is not working great though. Any value less than swell 7 will get zero output

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Oh, I see, it's in the amp's effect loop.  50% is pretty low, it's a dB scale, you probably want more input volume.   You can either give it more volume like you're doing, or turn up the H9 input gain.  Try it with the guitar directly into the pedal and see if you match that behavior when putting back into the effect loop of the amp.    

tahoebrian5

Yep, that's definitely what's going on. Problem with the EVH loops, since its not a master volume type amp, everytime you mess with the volume the input on the H9 is affected. For bedroom vols, I have the h9 input cranked all the way up just to get to 50%. Thx for the help!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.