Product Request: H9 AU/VST3 Plugin with USB hardware controller

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Product Request: H9 AU/VST3 Plugin with USB hardware controller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jacksonhobbes
      Participant

I was just thinking about the experiences I’ve had with various pieces of gear, plugins and some of the new hybrid stuff.

– My H8000, and how painful it was to use while sitting in front of my DAW without EVE/NET to edit it.

– The H9 pedal, amazing device, with editing that is much easier because of the H9 control app.

– TC Electronic’s TC2290-DT, a plugin – with a really cool hardware controller. Great workflow experience!

– All these one-off plugins by eventide – like Blackhole, that are amazing… but mapping the knobs on my FaderPort16 is not ergonomic;

– I am also using Softube Console 1 – which feels like a REAL console;

I want an H9 in my DAW! And I want to turn physical knobs.

Of all of these device vs. controller/editor experiences – There is a common thread. We like the tactile feel of editing with hardware; but if the hardware is in a rack or on the floor, it’s very inconvenient.

I have one wish:

An official H9 Max plugin. VST3/AU. The interface already exists – H9 Control. Call it H9v.

A USB-connected desktop box with a small footprint – like a 3/4 size Factor Pedal, that controls the H9 plugin. Add two more knobs for Algorithm and Preset. Just like the TC2290DT. A studio H9. And like the TC2290DT, you can use the box as a license dongle that requires the user to plug it in every 30-days to keep their plugin activated.

Even better if the H9v was part of the same licensing model as the hardware H9. So you can have an H9v and a couple of H9’s on the pedal board. Making the transition from Studio to Live rig seamlessly Eventide!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey jacksonhobbes-

This is a neat idea, and I'm with you that some type of "in-the-box" processor with an external controller would be really cool!

Of course, I can't speak to what our future plans are, but we do pay attention to requests like this and use them to inform the decisions we make for future products.

-Tom

Fender17
      Participant
      jacksonhobbes wrote:

A USB-connected desktop box with a small footprint – like a 3/4 size Factor Pedal, that controls the H9 plugin. Add two more knobs for Algorithm and Preset. Just like the TC2290DT. A studio H9. And like the TC2290DT, you can use the box as a license dongle that requires the user to plug it in every 30-days to keep their plugin activated.

I guess, there is partial solution even without Eventide’s H9 plugin and hardware box.

One may create NKS compatible plugin for H9 stompbox control. This would allow use of Native Instruments hardware controllers.

It should not be that difficult to create such a plugin in Native Instruments’ Reaktor.

I have H9 Max ad Core, and maybe one day I will emerge in Reaktor waters and create that plugin for H9 stompbox control. If I have time to do it.

ease
      Participant

If at least we could have a plugin version of the standalone app, it could be a start. After all the “hardware algorithms iterations” released in plugin versions every two months and the  standalone editor running for a long time now, it looks like it should not be so complicated to create. Am I completely wrong?

Hope it can be doable.

Cheers.

ekco
      jacksonhobbes wrote:

An official H9 Max plugin. VST3/AU. The interface already exists – H9 Control. Call it H9v.

+1

please make this happen asap!

PhaseShift
      Participant

+1.    Would be awesome to have an AUv3 version of this option as well. 

joeydego
      Participant

+1 on a hardware controller, and bonus points if it’ll work for emote as well.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.