Program change from drummachine change to wrong preset.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Program change from drummachine change to wrong preset.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Per
      Participant

as titel say. Programchange skips 20 presets. Instead of preset one the pedals changes to preset 21??. Not a big problem, just some extra work. Live performance is closing in so any ideas arr welcomed to shed some light on this problem. Just to be on the safe side??.

cheers

per

gkellum
      Participant

Well, there's a MIDI program change receive map that maps a particular program change message to the preset that should be loaded.  The first thing I'd check is whether that's set-up correctly…  It sounds like PrgmChg 1 is mapped to preset 21.  You can find that in H9 Control under Pedal / MIDI Settings / Program Change Receive Map.

Per
      Participant

I did this, and used the default mapping. I seems like the drum machine, an elektron Machine Drum, sends a message to the boxes when I change pattern. The new pattern on the drum machine is suppose to trigger (as an example) preset one on the boxes. Instead it triggers preset 21 and so forth. The thing is, if I after this behavior, manually correct the preset via the program change knob, which is already in the right position, on the drum machine it skips to the correct preset, nr 1 t.i. So to be sure I (we) have copied the same presets on two different locations. A little work around. 

gkellum
      Participant

That's strange.  If I were you, I'd hook up the drum machine to a computer program that would let me double check exactly what it's sending out.  MIDI Monitor on Mac and MIDI Ox on Windows will do that.

Per
      Participant

Cheers Boss, 

going to check this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.