PT 11 AAX Support for Anthology II Users?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins PT 11 AAX Support for Anthology II Users?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Catasonic
      Participant

What is the plan for AAX support, especially 64 bit compatible with PT 11?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Catasonic,

We are committed to AAX 64 bit support for all our plug-ins.  We plan to have AAX64 support for Omipressor and 2016 Stereo Room shortly (as well as 64 bit support for all other formats).  Then follow up with AAX64 support for Blackhole and H3000 Factory.

Dan

jfreak
      Participant

Does "all our plugins" mean everything you have in Anthology II, or just the four plugs that are already PT10 AAX compatible?

I myself am desperately waiting for Eventide Reverb PT11 AAX for what it's worth… (and could help you beta testing, if needed)

andreas.rauscher
      Participant

Yes, please bring the whole AnthologyII Bundle to AAX DSP 64 Bit!!!

We have 2 authorizations and would upgrade in a minute if these plugins would be available in PT11!!!

Please let us know what Eventide´s plans are regarding this issue!

Especially TDM –> AAX DSP!!

Thank you very much and kind regards from Berlin, Germany!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

We're currently working on bringing all Eventide plug-ins, including Anthology II to AAX64 Native.  After that, we will consider AAX DSP, but we plan to release the Native versions first.

Dan

tarafran
      Participant

yes!!!! thanks

4edawg
      Participant

Hi Dan

Great news about Anthology coming to AAX.  Definitely missing the Eventide reverb!

I would like to add my voice to the AAX-DSP request, once everything is happily native.  HDX is rockin' and would love to see you guys support it.

Forrester

zoomex
      Participant

cool great news !

My HDX  is so…..  empty no DSP plugins i can't run eventide on PT11 64 bit  it feels like i'm in the desert 

Eventide we need some water Smile

mhmh

Any news yet? The Anthology Bundle is the last thing to make me happy and let me use Pt 11 all the way. Would love to see dap-Plugins, too.

Cheers, mhmh

jfreak
      Participant

I have also visited here every week since PT11 launch. We'll just have to sit tight and wait, as I would not really want to use unstable plugins in front of paying customers… Better have solid Eventide quality once they're ready to release.

That said, I have a HDN currently. My decision whether to go HDX depends on selection of AAX-DSP plugins that are available next summer. And I'm not the only one playing the waiting game.

But the waiting is oh so truly painful… 🙂

squidwerks
      Participant

I'm needing EQ65 for it's notch filters for my location classical work. Nothing else I have gets as tight or does as little damage to the music… I may have to explore some other options (RX4?) for killing air handling, hums, etc…

But yes I too anxiously await AAX functionality for the entire Anthology II bundle as I own 2 of them…Crying

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Squidwerks,

We have EQ65 in beta at the moment, and it is close to done.  One of the problems we're running in to is that when we release the plug-ins individually we're getting upset emails from people who don't want to re-buy each plug-in individually, and want the whole bundle.  However, to release the whole bundle we have to finish all the plug-ins and not release some that are already done, or are close to done.

I wish there was a solution to this problem, but either way we do hope to have it released fairly soon.

Dan

jfreak
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:
        we do hope to have it released fairly soon

I hate your definition of “soon” 🙂

squidwerks
      Participant

Hi Dan, Thanks for the reply. I get it, the AAX ports/rewrites having been kicking many asses the past couple of years… I feel your pain, I just just feel my own more profoundly! LOL 

The one feature I'd really like to see in EQ65 is be able to turn the LPF OFF when working on high sample rate sessions rather than having it parked at 20khz. Actually being able to turn the filters off individually would be very handy in general.

Hopefully there will be some method of updating our Anthology II bundles which will account for the individual plugin purchases made in the interim so your best customers aren't punished financially for their loyalty/pressing needs…

Thanks,

Greg Heimbecker

Chief Engineer

University of Northern Colorado Recording Studio

smmullins

Hi, 

I just upgraded to PTHDX and sadly my Evntide Anthology II plugs are gone.  This will force me to buy used HD cards (had to trade in mine) and revive my HD system to finish a number of projects that rely heavily on Anthology II on my old PT10HD3 system.   Your post stating you are currently working on the AAX Native versions is from August 2013, over a year and a half ago.

Any updates??  

Thanks,

Shaun

jfreak
      Participant

"to release the whole bundle we have to finish all the plug-ins and not release some that are already done"

Excuse me, but where's the logic behind this? Your customers have AnthologyII licenses waiting to be utilized and you're holding some plugins until you can release them all? If the plugins require the AnthologyII license, just add the installers to support page and let us use them, one by one, and make a glorious press release once all of them are done.

I'm not asking you to release them as separate licenses (though that would be nice), but those of us who already have the license would very much like to use the plugs that are already done.

Even if it was only the EQ65. Please release the installers as soon as they are done. Pretty please.

neilhester
      Participant

Dan has already given an explanation above, sit tight and be patient, the more time he has to spend answering messages that already have answers the less time he can spend working on plugins – please leave him to get on with it 😉

jfreak
      Participant

There is a solution to the problem. Just release the plugins when they are ready, but don't offer individual licenses like the first native plugins.

If the plug only opens with a full AnthologyII license, us old customers could benefit from the finished plugins one by one. It's not like they have to offer each plugin individually, even though it would be nice. Just buy the full AnthologyII license if you don't already have it. Problem solved.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the belated response, but the truth is I have been killing it to get to an A2 release.  I know that this has taken a lot longer than expected, but the end is in sight and we're starting to get close to a full release.

JFreak, I appreciate your point of view, and your frustration.  Unfortunately, releases create a lot of work for us and we've decided not to make intermediate releases in order to get the full bundle out more quickly.

jfreak
      Participant

Fair enough, I certainly understand if you're so close to releasing the whole bundle…

squidwerks
      Participant

It had been so long i forgot I was even in this thread…  Confused

jfreak
      Participant

So… Two months ago you were close. What’s the status now?

btw. congrats, the new website is much better.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks JFreak,

Things are still moving.  We've also hired some new help to help us get it out the door quickly.  It should be out this summer.

Dan

jfreak
        Participant

Hi.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but what’s the progress? We’ve heard nothing from you in two more months. If you need more beta testers, I am more than welcome to help you out. (been beta testing for Avid PT7-PT10 so I know how it goes)

DGillespie wrote:

Thanks JFreak,

Things are still moving.  We’ve also hired some new help to help us get it out the door quickly.  It should be out this summer.

Dan

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi jfreak-

We've been making quite a bit of progress on the native plug-ins. I'll have to let Dan speak to the details of an exact timeline, but it will be coming soon.

Best,

Tom

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi jfreak,

You've met the new help!

We're making good progress, buddy, I think you'll be happy.

Dan

Johan Bejerholm
      Participant

So, Janne, what do you think about their definition of “Happy”?

jfreak
        Participant
        Johan Bejerholm wrote:

So, Janne, what do you think about their definition of “Happy”?

Wel I have always been happy when I’ve been able to use Eventide plugins (as in using old TDM systems), so I guess they mean full Anthology lineup is going to be released as AAX for current systems. Dunno, whether it also includes AAX-DSP and makes me extra happy, but I’d be “happy” to get the whole Anthology bundle on my hands as AAX-native for now. Right now, not next summer 🙂 AAX-DSP can wait for awhile.

Trailerman

+1 for AAX 64bit and AAX DSP support.  Some kind of reasonable crossgrade for Anthology II owners would be great, much as it’s always nice buying things twice 😉

Jules

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

We will shortly have it available for AAX 64 bit, but not for AAX DSP.

We do truly appreciate all of our TDM users and aim to exceed "reasonable".

Dan

squidwerks
      Participant

I think we now qualify is “long suffering TDM users”. I certainly look forward to have the bundle back at my disposal!crying

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hey Everyone,

It's live!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/ax_launch

Dan

neilhester
      Participant

Congratulations on one serious landmark moment , there are going to be so many people totally awestruck by what you have achieved, You should all be very proud!

Thank you !

Neil

andreas.rauscher
      Participant

Thank you EVENTIDE for releasing Anthology X!

we are very happy!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks Guys,

Dan

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.