Quadravox “current” snapshots modified?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Quadravox “current” snapshots modified?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      serard2
      Participant

Hello

I’m saving snapshots in the “current” table for later automation. When recalled, the snapshots are different from what I saved – a note is often shifted by one octave, or pitched, or delayed wrt what was saved. The Global table seems OK, but not intended for this. Too bad, automation of snapshots is very convenient in principle.

Am I missing something?

Mac 10.14.6, Logic 15.1, Quadravox 3.7.6

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, currently we're out of the office for the holidays, but we'll take a look at this when we return on January 4th. Are you finding that it is just individual note settings that are incorrect, or is it any parameter?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, thanks for the clarification.

We've tried to reproduce your issue today, and are unfortunately unable to do so. Current snapshots seem to reload correctly between sessions.

One thing to check – when you save current snapshots, you need to then resave the preset before navigating to another preset. Otherwise the current snapshot settings will be blown away, and revert back to the previous current snapshot settings when the preset is reloaded. Is it possible that when you save current snapshots, you're then navigating to other presets before resaving the preset?

That said, if you don't change presets, but save/reload the session, the current snapshots should still exist.

If you still believe there is a bug, then please send a test session to support@eventie.com exemplifying the issue, and reference this post.

serard2
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi, currently we’re out of the office for the holidays, but we’ll take a look at this when we return on January 4th. Are you finding that it is just individual note settings that are incorrect, or is it any parameter?

Hello – no, most parameters vary when recalled: pitch interval and cents, Pan, delays, nb of voices. I haven’t seen level and feedback changing, but this varies continously: the prob is not when storing the snapshots, they actually change between two runs.

Thanks.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Ok, thanks.

serard2 wrote:

the prob is not when storing the snapshots, they actually change between two runs.

You mean that the settings change between saving the snapshot, and recalling it later, correct? Not totally clear on what you mean by "two runs"…

serard2
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

You mean that the settings change between saving the snapshot, and recalling it later, correct? Not totally clear on what you mean by “two runs”…

Indeed, between successive plays. It seems that the issue occurs when recalling the snapshots.

serard2
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

One thing to check – when you save current snapshots, you need to then resave the preset before navigating to another preset. Otherwise the current snapshot settings will be blown away, and revert back to the previous current snapshot settings when the preset is reloaded. Is it possible that when you save current snapshots, you’re then navigating to other presets before resaving the preset?

OK, I can understand this – although I don’t find an explanation in the doc. And the answer is yes, this is absolutely what I’m doing: I wanted to store selected, existing presets in “current” snapshots so that I can automatize the changes, and possibly rework them while listening. If I understand correctly this is not feasible; I have to first note all the preset settings, reenter them manually and store them as snapshots, then save the whole thing as a new preset, right? And it also means that each preset includes its own current snapshots, apparently.

It changes the perspective a bit, and my working scheme is much heavier than I expected – or inadequate. May I suggest to make this clear in the doc? From the present version, I thought current snapshots were somehow related to each instance of the plugin, not to presets.

Thanks

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Ah, I see – yes, you'd need to copy in preset settings in that case.

We can look at updating the documentation to be clearer.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.